María Dolores Garayalde has extensive experience as a trademark attorney. She is also seasoned in portfolio management, and has represented plaintiffs and defendants in infringement suits and counterfeiting cases before all major courts in Spain. In addition, Ms. Garayalde has authored numerous articles on the legal protection of trademarks, industrial designs and patents.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing and defending the interest of a client in the broadcasting sector before the Spanish Courts in an injunction for trademark infringement and unfair competition.
- Advising one of the worldwide leading groups of advertising agencies in a wide range of advertising campaigns and negotiation of contracts with regard to advertising campaigns for product and services of all types of industries.
- Conducting an intellectual property legal audit and advising a top designer Spanish shoemaker for further intellectual property registration worldwide to increase protection and remedy weaknesses.
- Advising multinational companies in the cosmetic sector regarding the risks associated to the use and registration of new trademarks and giving practical guidance in relation to technical aspects of Spanish Intellectual Property law.
- Representing a client in the textile sector in a court proceeding against a parallel importer. The case involved a Spanish company unlawfully imported original garments from the US and then distributed them in the Spanish territory.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association
- Madrid~Spain (1992)
- Escuela Practica Juridica (Master's Degree)
- Universidad San Pablo CEU (Law Degree)
“Factbook Aranzadi”, American Lawyer Publication, Revista Intangibles.
She has lectured on Intellectual Property at Law Schools in San Pablo CEU and in Antonio de Nebrija.