Dr. Marc Gabriel is head of the Firm's Public Law Practice Group in Germany, where he also chairs the European Public Procurement Group. He is author of numerous articles and publications on public procurement law issues and regularly speaks at conferences and seminars. Marc has been recognized for his work in public procurement law and recommended in the areas of healthcare and pharmaceuticals as well as defense and security by JUVE, Chambers, Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal from 2009 onwards.
Marc focuses his practice on national, European and international public procurement law, as well as public and European law aspects of privatizations. He advises and represents companies and public authorities in tender and review procedures, especially on the areas of the healthcare, public infrastructure and transportation systems and military procurement. Marc also counsels on administrative proceedings, state aid investigations, infringement procedures and tender procedures outside the scope of public procurement law, e.g., the sale of public assets and World Bank procurement procedures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented several leading global pharmaceutical companies in tender and judicial review procedures concerning pharmaceuticals with total contract values of more than EUR20 billion.
- Advised a European government on the implementation of Directive 2009/81/EC in the fields of defense and security.
- Advising a Europe-wide operating railway company on public procurement and state aid law issues in connection with Regulation 1370/07 on public passenger transport services.
- Leading Individual in Procurement Law, Juve Germany 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Gesellschaft für Umweltrecht (Society for Environmental Law) - Member
- Free University of Berlin (Masters Program in European Business, Competition and Regulatory Law - Scientific Advisory Council Member
- Forum Vergabe (Public Procurement Forum) - Member
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main - Lecturer for public procurement law
- Germany (2001)
- Fachanwalt für Vergaberecht (Attorney specializing in Public Procurement Law) (2016)
- Fachanwalt für Verwaltungsrecht (Attorney specializing in Public Administrative Law) (2005)
- Free University of Berlin (Dr. iur.)
- Free University of Berlin (Referendar Exam)
- Higher Regional Court, Berlin (Assessor Exam)
- Nottingham Trent University (LL.M.)
- Leuphana University Lueneburg (Post Graduate Studies Environmental Law)