John M. Evason
John Evason manages the employment team in London. He is a specialist employment lawyer advising on all aspects of employment law. He is ranked as a star individual in Chambers and a leading individual in Legal 500. He is a member and former chair of the Legislative and Policy Sub-Committee of the Employment Lawyers Association which provides comments to the UK government on new and amended legislation and regulations. He is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars, and frequently contributes to various legal and personnel publications.
John's practice is varied, often advising clients on their most strategic employment law matters including advising on senior executives dismissals and board room disputes, large global reorganisations and other global projects, employment litigation (including discrimination and High Court claims), union issues including disputes, industrial action and union recognition matters, other collective employment matters including large scale redundancies and restructurings, various regulatory related matters, including in the financial services sector, mergers and acquisitions and outsourcings in addition to day to day employment law support.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advises BA on many of their industrial relations matters including the highly publicised dispute with their cabin crew. This included various court proceedings including obtaining an injunction to delay the strike.
- Managing a sensitive and high-value discrimination and whistleblowing claim for a financial services organisation.
- Leading a global restructuring for a large global organisation involving integration, collective redundancies, changes to terms and conditions and reporting lines in multiple jurisdictions.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1993)
- College of Law at Guildford (L.S.F.) (1990)
- University College London (LL.B.) (1989)
He is also a regular speaker at conferences and seminars and contributes to various legal and personnel publications.