Ruslan Drobyazko heads the Firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group in Kyiv. He is continuously ranked in top bands in the area of intellectual property by key international and Ukrainian legal directories: Chambers Europe, Legal 500 EMEA, WTR 1000, Ukrainian Law Firms: A Handbook for Foreign Clients. Mr. Drobyazko was a co-chairman of the Intellectual Property Rights Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine from 2006 to 2014, and has served as secretary of the Intellectual Property Rights Committee for several years. He is also a member of the International Trademark Association. Throughout his career, Mr. Drobyazko participated in many international and national conferences and seminars regarding intellectual property and commercial law issues.
Ruslan provides comprehensive services in connection with structuring transactions related to intellectual property and information technologies. He secures the intellectual property rights of its clients in Ukraine and protect clients against unfair businesses.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Mary Kay, the world’s leading direct marketing cosmetic and beauty company, in trademark prosecution and opposition work in Ukraine.
- Acting for Nissan in a number of trademark prosecution, clearance and trademark opposition cases in Ukraine; advising on parallel import and introduction of the new brands of cars into the Ukrainian market.
- Represented British American Tobacco (BAT) with regard to trademark and patent prosecution, litigation and opposition work; have been handling a portfolio of more than 600 trademarks and industrial design patents for the BAT Group companies in Ukraine; providing IP advice on advertising matters and have recently handled a trademark cancellation action for BAT in Ukraine.
- Represented Molinos Río de la Plata SA, the leading international food industry company based in Argentina, in trademark prosecution and transactional work.
- Represented PepsiCo Inc, the world leader of food and beverages, in trademark and patent prosecution and opposition work in Ukraine. The deal is significant in the amount of high profile trademark and patent prosecution work to be done for this client.
- Represented Starbucks in a number of cases related to online and offline trademark and copyright infringement, fake stores and unfair competition in Ukraine.
- Advised a major European bank on trademark issues as well as its representing in opposition procedures.
- Represented various clients in connection with trademark protection in Ukraine.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Ukraine (1997)
- Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University (International Law) (1997)