Dr. Gregor Dornbusch
Dr. Gregor Dornbusch has been practicing in the area of German labour and employment law for over two decades. He covers all aspects of individual and collective employment law, including mass dismissals and terminations of managers and board members. He also helps draft contracts and separation agreements, and assists clients in dealing with works councils and trade unions in restructurings and reorganisations. Dr. Dornbusch regularly holds lectures and publishes articles, books and commentaries. He is member of all relevant German and European employment lawyers associations and regularly speaks at seminars and sessions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordination and implementation of a complete closure of all European sites of a US-based large computer hardware manufacturer.
- Coordination and implementation of a European-wide reduction in force of a leading life sciences group of companies.
- Provided employment law advice and coordination of an IT outsourcing transaction in Germany, the US and five other countries.
- Provided employment law advice on the merger of two worldwide music publishing companies.
- Assisted in the European-wide closure of production sites of a leading manufacturer of food products.
- Handled the reorganization of the German operations of a worldwide media and Internet company.
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Labor and Employment Law since 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA) - Member
- German Association of Attorneys - Labor Law Attorneys Group - Member
- German Bar Association - Member
- Germany (1993)
- Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht (Attorney Specializing in Labor and Employment Law) (2000)
- University of Frankfurt/M. (Referendar Exam) (1988)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (1985)
- University of Frankfurt/M. (Dr. jur.) (1997)
- Author, "Rechtfertigung eines Kopftuchverbots im Arbeitsverhältnis," GRChAn. IO, 16; RL2000/78/EGAn. 1, 2, 4, 8
- Co-editor (with Markus Krumbiegel, Manfred Löwisch) and co-author (with Anna Verena Böhm, Katja Haeferer, Guenther Heckelmann, Ludmilla Maurer, Michaela Nebel, Matthias Scholz, Alexander Wolff, Matthias Köhler, Barbara Deilmann) "AR - Kommentar, Kommentar zum gesamten Arbeitsrecht," Luchterhand, 10. Auflage, 24.8.2021
- Co-author, "Re-Building the Old World BRIC by BRIC: New Developments Impacting Stock Awards in Europe and Brazil/Russia/China," October 3, 2012
- Co-author, "2011 Amendments to Germany's Labour Lease Laws Increase Risks for Employers," November 2011
- Co-editor, "Employment Law Update Germany April - June 2011," August 2011
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.