Dr. Gregor Dornbusch has been practicing in the area of German labour and employment law for over two decades. He covers all aspects of individual and collective employment law, including mass dismissals and terminations of managers and board members. He also helps draft contracts and separation agreements, and assists clients in dealing with works councils and trade unions in restructurings and reorganisations. Dr. Dornbusch regularly holds lectures and publishes articles, books and commentaries. He is member of all relevant German and European employment lawyers associations and regularly speaks at seminars and sessions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordination and implementation of a complete closure of all European sites of a US-based large computer hardware manufacturer.
- Coordination and implementation of a European-wide reduction in force of a leading life sciences group of companies.
- Provided employment law advice and coordination of an IT outsourcing transaction in Germany, the US and five other countries.
- Provided employment law advice on the merger of two worldwide music publishing companies.
- Assisted in the European-wide closure of production sites of a leading manufacturer of food products.
- Handled the reorganization of the German operations of a worldwide media and Internet company.
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019/2020 for labor law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019/2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA) - Member
- German Association of Attorneys - Labor Law Attorneys Group - Member
- German Bar Association - Member
- Germany (1993)
- Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht (Attorney Specializing in Labor and Employment Law) (2000)
- University of Frankfurt/M. (Referendar Exam) (1988)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (1985)
- University of Frankfurt/M. (Dr. jur.) (1997)