Olha Demianiuk is a seconded partner of the Kyiv office and is based in the Geneva office of Baker McKenzie. Olha is a member of Baker McKenzie's Corporate M&A Practice Group and is the head of the Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Group in Kyiv.
Olha is highly ranked in the areas of Corporate/M&A by Chambers Global and Europe, Legal 500 EMEA and IFLR1000. Olha has also been recognized as one of the Women Leaders 2022 by IFLR1000.
Olha joined the Kyiv office Baker McKenzie in May 2005. As of July 2022, she has been seconded to the Geneva office of Baker McKenzie.
Olha advises clients on private and public M&A transactions. Olha also has significant experience in cross-border equity capital markets, establishment of joint ventures and corporate reorganizations.
In terms of industry, Olha focuses on the healthcare and life sciences sector advising clients on the domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, acquisition of healthcare product portfolios, regulatory, compliance and commercial matters. Olha is also experienced in tech and infrastructure transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Avista Capital and Nordic Capital, the shareholders of Acino Pharma AG, a Swiss-based leading provider of pharmaceuticals with presence in more than 90 countries across the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, Russia, Ukraine and the CIS Region, on legal due diligence in connection with its sale to ADQ, one of the largest holding companies in the Middle East with a broad portfolio of major enterprises spanning key sectors of Abu Dhabi’s diversified economy.
- Advised Acino Pharma AG, a leading Swiss manufacturer of pharmaceuticals on the proposed acquisition of the portfolio of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and food supplements in Ukraine.
- Advised a leading European manufacturer of pharmaceuticals on the proposed acquisition of several targets in Ukraine involved in marketing of OTC and Rx pharmaceuticals.
- Advised a global company on the potential acquisition of business of advanced analytics and technology solutions services to the life sciences industry in Ukraine and CIS countries.
- Advised Biopharma, a leading Ukrainian manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and healthcare products, on the carve-out of its pharmaceutical business and its further sale to Stada AG, a global manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and consumer healthcare products. This transaction represents one of the largest financial investments in the Ukrainian pharmaceutical industry.
- Advised Saber Interactive (part of Embracer Group), a video game developer, with a due diligence exercise for the acquisition of OÜ Fractured Byte (Fractured Byte).
- Advised Embracer Group AB, a Swedish video game and media holding company, on the due diligence and acquisition of several companies: Crazy Labs Ltd, a mobile games developer, and 4A Games Limited, video game developer.
- Advised Invitro on the sale of its Ukrainian laboratory operations to Medicover.
- Advised A.S. Watson Group, the world’s largest international health and beauty retailer, on the acquisition of a health and beauty retailer in Ukraine.
- Advised Avista Capital and Nordic Capital (acting through Acino Pharma AG as the acquisition vehicle) on the joint acquisition of LLC Pharma Start, a top-10 Ukrainian pharmaceutical producer.
- Advised Advent International on its investment in ISIDA, one of Ukraine’s leading and most reputable healthcare facilities, by acquiring a controlling stake in the company.
- Ukraine (2003)
- European University Viadrina (LL.M. German Law) (2004)
- Kyiv Mohyla Academy [Ukraine] (Law Degree) (2003)