Olha Demianiuk is a partner in Baker McKenzie Switzerland Corporate M&A team and is the head of the Swiss Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Group. Olha is specialized in transactional matters with a particular focus on the healthcare and life sciences industry. Olha joined the Kyiv office Baker McKenzie in 2005. Since September 2022, she is based in the Geneva office of Baker McKenzie.
Olha is highly ranked in the areas of Corporate/M&A by Chambers Global and Europe, Legal 500 EMEA and IFLR1000 (all rankings for Ukraine). Olha has also been recognized as one of the Women Leaders 2022 by IFLR1000.
Olha is an experienced healthcare transactional lawyer. She advises clients on cross-border private M&A transactions, private equity, corporate reorganisations and capital markets.
Olha's healthcare and life sciences practice is focused on advising clients on the domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, acquisition of healthcare product portfolios, regulatory, compliance and commercial matters. Olha is also experienced in tech and infrastructure transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Avista Capital and Nordic Capital, the shareholders of Acino Pharma AG, a Swiss-based leading provider of pharmaceuticals with presence in more than 90 countries across the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, Russia, Ukraine and the CIS Region, on legal due diligence in connection with its sale to ADQ, one of the largest holding companies in the Middle East with a broad portfolio of major enterprises spanning key sectors of Abu Dhabi’s diversified economy.
- Advised Acino Pharma AG, a leading Swiss manufacturer of pharmaceuticals on the proposed acquisition of the portfolio of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and food supplements in Ukraine.
- Advised a leading European manufacturer of pharmaceuticals on the proposed acquisition of several targets in Ukraine involved in marketing of OTC and Rx pharmaceuticals.
- Advised a global company on the potential acquisition of business of advanced analytics and technology solutions services to the life sciences industry in Ukraine and CIS countries.
- Advised Biopharma, a leading Ukrainian manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and healthcare products, on the carve-out of its pharmaceutical business in Ukraine and its further sale to Stada AG, a global manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and consumer healthcare products.
- Advised Saber Interactive (part of Embracer Group), a video game developer, with a due diligence exercise for the acquisition of OÜ Fractured Byte (Fractured Byte).
- Advised Embracer Group AB, a Swedish video game and media holding company, on the due diligence and acquisition of several companies: Crazy Labs Ltd, a mobile games developer, and 4A Games Limited, video game developer.
- Advised A.S. Watson Group, the world’s largest international health and beauty retailer, on the acquisition of a health and beauty retailer in Ukraine.
- Advised Avista Capital and Nordic Capital (acting through Acino Pharma AG) on the joint acquisition of LLC Pharma Start, a top-10 Ukrainian pharmaceutical producer.
- Advised Advent International on its investment in ISIDA, one of Ukraine’s leading and most reputable healthcare facilities, by acquiring a controlling stake in the
- Ukraine (2003)
- European University Viadrina (LL.M. German Law) (2004)
- The National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy Ukraine (Law Degree) (2003)