Aylin Cunsolo is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Major Projects team in Melbourne. Aylin has worked on a secondment basis for mining company Vale, supporting their exploration, procurement, commercial and logistics functions, and also for Origin Energy, supporting their energy retail, wholesale, and carbon trading functions. Aylin's pro bono work includes involvement in the Peter MacCallum Cancer Patients program, the Homeless Persons Legal Clinic, and the United Nations Commission for the Legal Empowerment of the Poor. Aylin is currently studying Master of Laws at Australian National University, with a focus on energy, resources and infrastructure.
Aylin focuses on the acquisition, divestment, development and ongoing operation of significant businesses and projects in the energy and resources sectors. She advises companies in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors on contractual arrangements and structures, procurement of goods and services, mergers and acquisitions, and compliance with applicable laws. Her clients include mineral explorers and producers, suppliers of energy, water and waste services, state governments, international contractors, and engineering firms.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a confidential bidder on its proposed acquisition of Pacific Hydro's renewables assets in Australia from IFM.
- Acted for NSW Treasury on the reform and privatisation of the NSW electricity industry, including regarding the sale of Macquarie Generation's generation assets to AGL Energy; the sale of Eraring Energy to Origin Energy; and the sale of electricity generation and retail assets during 2008.
- Acted for Origin Energy on its A$800 million acquisition of two offshore exploration permits located in the Browse Basin, from Karoon Gas.
- Acted for investors on their participation in various public private partnership projects.
- Acted for a bidder on its proposed acquisition of ANZ Terminals, which operates various bulk liquid and gas storage facilities located at major ports throughout Australia.
- Secondment to Vale (April - November 2012), where primary role was to advise in respect of various acquisitions and disposals of resources assets and joint venture arrangements and drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts for the procurement of goods, services and minor construction works.
- Secondment to Origin Energy (March - December 2010), where primary role was to advise on the application of energy and consumer protection laws to the supply of energy to customers and on energy supply contracts.
- Acted for international pipeline company on various major gas transmission and distribution pipeline projects in New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland.
- Acted for a bidder on its proposed acquisition of mineral tenements owned by Rio Tinto and located in Queensland.
- Acted for Energy Supply Association of Australia on the application of energy laws to supply of energy by retailers to customers.
- Finalist, Lawyers Weekly 30Under30 Awards 2013
- Victoria~Australia (2009)
- Australian National University (LL.M. with Merit) (2015)
- Monash University (LL.B. Honors) (2008)
- Monash University (B.A.) (2008)