Jannan Crozier is a partner in Baker & McKenzie's Corporate Group based in London and the Firms Global M&A Chair. Jannan practices in Corporate Law and advises clients in relation to cross-border mergers and acquisitions and negotiated carve out transactions.
Jannan joined Baker & McKenzie's London office as a trainee solicitor in 2003, qualifying as a solicitor in the Corporate Group in 2005 and being promoted to partner in 2015.
The Legal 500 lists Jannan as a "Next Generation Partner" within M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, GPB 500 million and ".. is especially experienced in cross-border M&A, and complex carve-outs."
Representative Legal Matters
M&A / Carve-Outs
- Advised Emerson Electric on the USD 14 billion sale of its Climate Technologies business to Blackstone.
- Advised Sika AG on its EUR 5.3 billion acquisition of MBCC from LoneStar including the sale and carve out of the remedy divestment of the MBS business to Cinven.
- Advised Baker Hughes on the carve out and sale of Nexus Controls to General Electric.
- Advised Emerson Electric on the carve out of its USD 3 billion sale of its Insinkerator business to Whirlpool.
- Advised SUEZ and SUEZ UK on aspects of its hostile takeover by Veolia and advised SUEZ UK on the subsequent GBP 2 billion sale of the UK business to Macquarie and then back to SUEZ.
- Advised Baker Hughes on the carve out sale of its Subsea drilling business into a joint venture with MH Wirth/ Akastor.
- Advised Emerson Electric Co. on the carve out sale aspects of its technology contribution of OSI, Roxar and Paradigm businesses with AspenTech.
- Advised Chr. Hansen on its EUR 800 million carve out sale of its Natural Colors Division to EQT in +40 countries.
- Advised Vertiv, a provider of critical infrastructure and continuity solutions on its USD 2 billion acquisition of E&I Engineering.
- Advised Kantar on the sale of its Public business to private equity Trilantic.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2005)
- College of Law, Chester (LPC, with distinction) (2002)
- University of Manchester (LLB) (2001)
- FT "Lawyers unlocking valuable insights through data", October 2022
- FT Big Deal Series "The Rise of Private Equity in the Complex Carve-Out", November 2021
- Co-Author of Law360s "The rise of the modern Carve-Out", March 2017
- "My Career Story: I was pregnant at the same time I went up for Partnership", published in June 2016 by The Lawyer.
- Co-Author of PLC Article on Carve Out transactions, June 2015