Christian Atzler is co-head of the Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Germany and Austria. He is listed as a leading lawyer in Chambers Global from 2012 to 2017.
Christian regularly advises German and international clients on M&A transactions, corporate matters and investment projects. Prior to joining the Frankfurt office of Baker McKenzie in 2009, Christian worked in the Shanghai and Hong Kong offices of Baker McKenzie from 2005-2008, and mainly advised international clients on M&A projects, joint ventures, and China foreign direct investment projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Chinese Nison Group on its majority acquisition of premium kitchen manufacturer SieMatic Group.
- Advised Chinese PE fund Pagoda Investment on its series A investment in TravelEasy GmbH, a software-driven provider of VAT reimbursement solutions for travelers.
- Advised MacLean Lismore on its acquisition of automotive supplier IBEX Group out of insolvency in a competitive auction.
- Advised Mundipharma on the acquisition of the business of VC-backed CellAct Pharma GmbH in a competitive auction.
- Advised NASDAQ-listed Trimble Navigation Ltd. on its acquisition of Müller-Elektronik, a German company specializing in implement control and precision farming solutions.
- Advised the shareholders of PolyCine on the sale of PolyCine to German industrial holding Armira in a competitive auction.
- Advised Chinese PE fund Pagoda Investment on its proposed acquisition of GBA Gesellschaft für Bioanalytik from adiuva capital and management in a competitive auction.
- Advised Hillhouse Capital on the acquisition of Gimborn from Czech PE house Penta in a competitive auction.
- Advised Chinese PE fund Nepoch Capital on its majority acquisition of Ascopharm Group from Adiuva Capital.
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for corporate law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt
- Germany (2005)
- State of Rhineland-Palatinate (Second State Exam) (2005)
- University of Passau (State Exam) (2003)
- National Taiwan University School of Law (2000)
- Hong Kong