Christian regularly advises German and international clients on M&A transactions, corporate matters and investment projects. Prior to joining the Frankfurt office of Baker McKenzie in 2009, Christian worked in the Shanghai and Hong Kong offices of Baker McKenzie from 2005-2008, and mainly advised international clients on M&A projects, joint ventures, and China foreign direct investment projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Accenture in connection with a number of acquisitions of technology companies in Germany.
- Advised the shareholders of e-commerce platform KP Family International GmbH to Avedon Capital Partners.
- Advised Chr. Hansen A/S on its acquisition of Jennewein Biotechnologie GmbH.
- Advised HK-listed Johnson Electric on its acquisition of automotive supplier E. Zimmermann GmbH.
- Advised HK-listed AAC Technologies on its multi-million investment in Ibeo Automotive Systems GmbH, combined with a strategic partnership between AAC Technologies and Ibeo Automotive.
- Advised Paccor Packaging GmbH on its acquisition of MikoPac NV and EDV Packaging S.A.
- Advised the shareholders of Hauck Group on the sale of a majority interest in Hauck Group to, and the formation of a joint venture with, Avedon Capital Partners.
- Advised Schur Flexibles on its acquisition of Termoplast SpA and Sidac SpA.
- Advised Chinese Nison Group on its majority acquisition of premium kitchen manufacturer SieMatic Group.
- Advised NASDAQ-listed Trimble Navigation Ltd. on its acquisition of Müller-Elektronik, a German company specializing in implement control and precision farming solutions.
- Advised the shareholders of PolyCine on the sale of PolyCine to German industrial holding Armira in a competitive auction.
- Advised Hillhouse Capital on the acquisition of Gimborn from Czech PE house Penta in a competitive auction.
- Corporate/M&A (Foreign Expertise in International Firms) - Expert based abroad, Chambers Global 2021
- Recommended for M&A and Corporate in JUVE 2021
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Corporate Law since 2020
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018/2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt - Member
- Germany (2005)
- State of Rhineland-Palatinate (Second State Exam) (2005)
- University of Passau (State Exam) (2003)
- National Taiwan University School of Law (2000)
- Hong Kong
- Co-author, "Corona und M&A Transaktionen," NZG 2021, 1281
- Co-author, "Vis à VIE – Ein Überblick über das Investitionsmodell der Variable Interest Entities," ZChinR 2016, 91
- Co-author, "Der Entwurf für ein Gesetz der Volksrepublik China für ausländische Investitionen," ZChinR 2015, 252
- Co-author, "Private M&A: Auktionsverfahren, Due Diligence, Vertragsgestaltung," in Bu, Yuanshi, Chinesischen Outbound-Investitionen in Deutschland, 2014
- Author, "Brief Overview on the Overseas Investment Approval Regime," April 25, 2012
- Co-author, "Revisions to the Catalogue for Guiding Foreign Investment in Industry 2011," January 12, 2012
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.