Global law firm Baker McKenzie has earned eight practice area and seven individual rankings in the 2024 edition of The Legal 500 Canada. This includes two new lawyer rankings, with Michael Garellek and Julia Webster earning "Next Generation Partner" recognition for Insurance and International Trade, respectively.
The Legal 500 guide is compiled from the input of 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms, interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of legal market researchers. Interviews are conducted with in-house counsel, corporate executives and finance directors, as well as investment bankers, commercial bankers and accountants who work with lawyers.
The following practice areas received recognition:
- Competition and Antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute Resolution: Ontario
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Labour and Employment
Three lawyers are listed as Leading Individuals:
- George Avraam: Labour and Employment
- Jacques Bernier: Tax
- Stephanie Vaccari: Intellectual Property
Three lawyers were named Next Generation Partners:
- Jennifer Bernardo: Labour and Employment
- Michael Garellek: Insurance (newly ranked)
- Julia Webster: International Trade (newly ranked)
One lawyer was named a Rising Star:
- Haran Viswanathan: Corporate and M&A
Find more information about The Legal 500 Canada 2024 guide here.