Haran Viswanathan is a partner in the Corporate Transactions Practice Group in Baker McKenzie’s Toronto office. Haran is a member of the Student Recruitment Committee for the Toronto office and an active participant in the Firm’s Pro Bono initiative.
Haran has a corporate and capital markets practice with a focus on public and private financings, cross-border mergers and acquisitions and other transactions by both private and public companies in sectors including healthcare and life sciences, tech, gaming and natural resources/mining. Haran also routinely advises management and the boards of public companies on corporate governance and public reporting matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised Trillium Therapeutics Inc. on its USD 2.26 billion sale to Pfizer Inc.
- Advised Enad Global 7, a Swedish headquartered online games developer on multiple acquisitions including the acquisitions of Big Blue Bubble Inc. and Piranha Games Inc.
- Advised Bain Capital Private Equity and Valeo Foods Group on the acquisition of Les Industries Bernard & Fils Ltée, the world's leading independent bottler and processor of maple syrup
- Advised Dexterra Group Inc. on its acquisition of VCI Controls Inc.
- Advised Impala Platinum Holdings on its CAD 758 million acquisition of North American Palladium.
- Advised Camso Inc. on its USD 1.7 billion sale to The Michelin Group
- Advised Sprott Physical Gold Trust in its public offerings totaling USD 1.5 billion
- Advised Sprott Physical Silver Trust in its public offering and subsequent offerings totaling over USD 1 billion
- Advised NeuPath Health Inc. in its public offering and public listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange Venture
- Routinely advises Bloom Burton in its capacity as agent or underwriter on public and exempt offerings
- Rising Star, Legal 500 (2024)
- Rising Star, Legal 500 (2023)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2015)
- University of Toronto (JD) (2014)
- York University (BA) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.