Jennifer Bernardo is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Labour, Employment and Employee Benefits Group in Toronto. She joined the Firm as a summer student in 2012 and completed her articles of clerkship with the Firm in 2015. Prior to this, Jennifer participated in a Firm-sponsored internship with the International Labour Organization’s (ILO) Bureau for Employers’ Activities, where she analyzed employers’ obligations under the ILO’s Conventions and Declarations.
Jennifer is a frequent contributor to Baker & McKenzie's Canadian Labour and Employment Law blog.
Jennifer has a broad litigation and advocacy practice, encompassing all areas of labour and employment law in Canada’s common law jurisdictions, with a particular focus on employment standards, labour relations, human rights claims and wrongful dismissal actions.
Jennifer also advises on the labour and employment implications of corporate transactions, as well as issues relating to international labour and human rights standards, corporate compliance and risk management, and internal investigations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Toronto Advocates' Society - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2015)
- University of Toronto (Master Degree Global Affairs) (2014)
- University of Toronto (J.D.) (2014)
- University of Manitoba (Bachelor of Arts Political Science) (2010)