The Firm has also been recognized in 15 transactional and advisory practice areas across the Asia and Middle East region
For the 13th consecutive year, Baker McKenzie has been named the "Most Responsive Law Firm" in more jurisdictions than any other law firm across Asia and the Middle East, according to In-House Community (IHC) 2022 Firms of the Year Awards.
Baker McKenzie has been voted by corporate counsel and business leaders as the "Most Responsive International Firm of the Year" in seven jurisdictions, including China, Hong Kong SAR, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam. Wong & Partners, a member firm of Baker McKenzie in Malaysia, was named "Most Responsive Domestic Law Firm."
The Firm was also awarded "Firm of the Year" in 15 practice areas across Asia and the Middle East.Shih Yann Loo, Baker McKenzie's Asia Pacific chair, said:
"We are extremely pleased with the result and this vote of confidence in our Firm by in-house counsel and business leaders across the region. We recognize that in today's fragmented world where risks and opportunities are often intertwined and multi-threaded, clients are looking for timely and integrated responses from their legal adviser. We have worked hard to ensure that we are delivering a pan-regional service offering of the highest quality underpinned by a connected global experience and deep local market insights."Borys Dackiw, Managing Partner of Baker McKenzie's UAE offices, added:
"It is extremely gratifying to see that our efforts are well recognized by our clients and the general business community. We would like to thank our clients for entrusting us to act on their most complex and high-profile matters, In-House Community for this recognition and our lawyers and staff, who continue to work relentlessly to deliver high-value service to our clients."
The survey, conducted by In-house Community, contacted more than 17,000 in-house counsel and buyers of legal services across Asia and in United Arab Emirates to determine the standout performers. Respondents were asked to comment on which law firms made the most impression on them over the past year, in terms of responsiveness and their satisfaction with the work done. Firms were then assessed based on these client testimonials, with votes aggregated to select the winning firms in each category across the jurisdictions.
The practice categories in which Baker McKenzie and its member firms were named "Firm of the Year" in the respective jurisdictions include the following:
- Alternative Investment Funds (including Private Equity) — Malaysia (Wong & Partners), Thailand, Vietnam
- Antitrust/Competition — Hong Kong, Philippines (Quisumbing Torres), Vietnam, United Arab Emirates
- Banking & Finance — Philippines (Quisumbing Torres), Thailand
- Capital Markets — Thailand
- Compliance/Regulatory — Malaysia (Wong & Partners), Singapore (Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow), Thailand
- Corporate and M&A — Hong Kong, Malaysia (Wong & Partners), Thailand, Vietnam
- Employment — Singapore (Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow), Thailand
- Energy & Natural Resources — Hong Kong, Singapore (Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow)
- Intellectual Property — Hong Kong, Malaysia (Wong & Partners), Thailand
- International Arbitration — Hong Kong, Philippines (Quisumbing Torres), Thailand
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution — China (Baker McKenzie FenXun (FTZ) Joint Operation Office), Thailand
- Projects and Project Financing — Malaysia (Wong & Partners), Thailand
- Real Estate/Construction — Singapore (Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow), Thailand, Vietnam
- Restructuring & Insolvency — Thailand, Vietnam
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology — Thailand