Chambers Canada has released its 2023 guide, recognizing 11 Toronto-based Baker McKenzie lawyers across 11 practice areas. The Firm also earned three practice area rankings, including a new nationwide ranking for Intellectual Property.
A leading legal research company, Chambers and Partners has been publishing its well-respected law firm rankings for more than 30 years. Through extensive interviews with clients and peers as well as firm submissions, firms are reviewed for technical legal ability, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, cost effectiveness and depth of team. Now in its eighth year, the Chambers Canada guide accounts for the best legal talent across the country's provinces and territories.
Baker McKenzie is proud to have the following lawyers recognized in the Chambers Canada 2023 guide:
• Christopher Aide – Intellectual Property (Nationwide – Canada)
• George Avraam – Employment & Labour (Ontario)
• Jacques Bernier – Tax: Litigation (Nationwide – Canada)
• Paul Burns – International Trade/WTO (Nationwide – Canada)
• Brian Cacic - International Trade/WTO (Nationwide - Canada)
• Kevin Coon - Business & Human Rights Law (Nationwide - Canada)
• Arlan Gates – Advertising & Marketing (Nationwide – Canada); Competition/Antitrust (Nationwide – Canada)
• Theo Ling – Information Technology (Nationwide – Canada)
• Alex Pankratz – Tax (Nationwide – Canada)
• John Pirie – White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (Nationwide – Canada); Litigation: General Commercial (Ontario)
• Andrew Shaw – Employment & Labour (Ontario)
In addition, the following practice groups have been ranked:
• Intellectual Property (Nationwide – Canada)
• International Trade/WTO (Nationwide – Canada)
• Tax (Nationwide - Canada)
As market leaders in Transactions, Labour & Employment, Litigation, and various other practice areas, Baker McKenzie's Canada office combines extensive knowledge of Canadian federal, provincial and local laws with a broad international perspective. Working closely with colleagues across the Firm's global offices, Baker McKenzie's Toronto-based lawyers help clients achieve their domestic and international business objectives.