Prof. Lukas Glanzmann joined Baker McKenzie in 1998 and became a partner in 2004. He is the co-head of the Baker McKenzie Zurich Banking & Finance Group as well as of the Restructuring & Insolvency Group. Prof. Glanzmann graduated from the University of St. Gallen law school and obtained a doctoral degree in the field of corporate law from the University of St. Gallen and a LL.M. degree from Harvard Law School. In 2006, he finished his habilitation and in 2012 he became a titular professor of business law at the University of St. Gallen. He has published various articles and books in the fields of corporate, finance and accounting law, corporate restructuring and corporate governance. Since 2012, he has been a member of the Federal Commission of Experts for the Commercial Register.
Prof. Glanzmann concentrates his practice in the areas of loans and credit facilities, restructuring and insolvency, corporate and accounting, mergers & acquisitions as well as capital markets and securities. He is admitted to practice in Switzerland.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Federal Commission of Experts for the Commercial Register - Member
- Switzerland (1993)
- University of St. Gallen (Titular Professor) (2012)
- University of St. Gallen (Privatdozent, associate professor) (2006)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M.) (1997)
- University of St. Gallen (Dr. iur.) (1996)
- University of St. Gallen (lic. iur.) (1991)
Author, Commentary on articles 7, 8, 31, 56 and 105 of the Swiss Merger Act, in: Stämpflis Handkommentar, Fusionsgesetz, 2nd Edition, 2015
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.