Samuel Marbacher is a partner of the Firm’s Banking & Finance and Real Estate practice in Zurich, which he joined in January 2007. He graduated from the University of St. Gallen Law School and earned his LL.M. degree at the University of Sydney. Mr. Marbacher holds a bachelor's degree in business and finance from the University of Applied Science in Lucerne and has worked two years for a major Swiss bank in Zurich. Mr. Marbacher teaches at University of Zurich in the CUREM master and execute classes and at the IFZ Institute for Financial Services, Zug.
Mr. Marbacher focuses on advising domestic and international client in the area of real estate transactions, real estate financing and syndicated debt financing. He also advises on general banking and corporate matters as well as financing related aspects of private insurance law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Credit Suisse AG as arranger, agent and security agent in connection with a USD44 million export credit facility for the financing of trains to be exported to an Eastern European state owned railway company. The financing was secured through a train pledge and insured by the Swiss Export Risk Insurance (SERV).
- Represented a Swiss bank in numerous international margin lending transactions, including life insurance deals and Islamic finance.
- Advised on numerous acquisitions of real estate and real estate companies in Switzerland.
- Represented a private equity seller on its sale of its global group of companies, with deal value in excess of CHF2 billion.
- Creation of charitable foundation in Switzerland, including setup of respective administration.
- Advised a Swiss listed company on its complex cross-border anti-corruption investigation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2006)
- University of Sydney (LL.M.) (2010)
- University of St. Gallen (lic. iur.) (2004)
- University of Applied Sciences (Betriebökonom FH) (2001)