Samuel Marbacher is the co-head of the Firm’s Real Estate practice as well as Banking & Finance practice in Zurich. He joined the Firm in January 2007 and was made partner in 2015.He graduated from the University of St. Gallen Law School and earned his LL.M. degree at the University of Sydney. Mr. Marbacher holds a bachelor's degree in business and finance from the University of Applied Science in Lucerne. Samuel Marbacher teaches at University of Zurich in the CUREM master and executive classes and at the IFZ Institute for Financial Services, Zug.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented PSP Swiss Properties in the acquisition of a real estate portfolio valued at CHF 181 million by way of a share deal
- Represented Fundamenta Real Estate AG at its IPO to the SIX Swiss Exchange
- Represented IHAG Holding in its acquisition of the Widder Hotel AG, a trophy five star hotel in Zurich
- Represented Credit Suisse (Switzerland AG) and Commerzbank in connection with a CHF 500 million financing for Geberi
- Represented Credit Suisse AG as arranger, agent and security agent in connection with a USD44 million export credit facility for the financing of trains to be exported to an Eastern European state owned railway company. The financing was secured through a train pledge and insured by the Swiss Export Risk Insurance (SERV).
- Represented Rabobank and an international consortium on the EUR 1.8 billion financing for Arzyta
- Creation of charitable foundation in Switzerland, including setup of respective administration.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2006)
- University of Sydney (LL.M.) (2010)
- University of St. Gallen (lic. iur.) (2004)
- University of Applied Sciences (Betriebökonom FH) (2001)
Author, "Brexit results in tightening of Swiss Lex Koller Rule for UK citizens, though limited grandfathering applies," Baker McKenzie, Jan 2021
Contributor, Law & Practice section of the Chambers Real Estate 2019 Guide