Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as lead adviser in domestic and international sell-side and buy-side real estate and corporate transactions, mergers & acquisitions and private equity deals.
- Acted as client relationship partner for Swiss multinationals overseeing their international operations from a legal perspective.
- Represented both investors and developers in real estate development projects.
- Represented both owners and operators in HRT transactions (hotel, tourism and resorts).
- Acted as lead adviser in sale-and-lease back transactions.
- Represented healthcare companies in international sell-side and buy-side transactions; represented healthcare investment funds in biotech investments.
- Acted as lead advisor in the setup of contractual and/or corporate strategic business partnerships.
- Represented pension funds and promoters in the setup and management of investment foundations.
- Acted as lead adviser for promoters in setting up regulated and non-regulated Swiss and foreign investment structures (including listed vehicles) focusing on real estate, private equity and/or alternative investments.
- Acted as lead adviser, director, angel investor and/or co-founder in Swiss start-up companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- INSEAD Alumni Association Switzerland - Member of the executive committee, former Zurich Chapter President (2008 to 2016) and former Swiss President (2017 to 2020)
- University of Zurich - Lecturer since 2009 at CUREM Master Program (Center for Urban & Real Estate Management)
- Civil law notary of the canton of Zug - Switzerland (2009)
- Switzerland (1996)
- INSEAD Business School (M.B.A.) (2001)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur.) (1999)
- University of Bern (Law Degree) (1996)
Contribution to the Law & Practice section of the Chambers Real Estate 2019 Guide
Author, Commentary on articles 18, 20, 43, 44, 64 and 65 of the Swiss Merger Act, in: Stämpflis Handkommentar, Fusionsgesetz, 2nd Edition, 2015
Speaker, "Development Projects," “Academy of Best Execution, September 2016