Alexander Wyss co-chairs the real estate transaction practice group in Zurich and is a member of the European real estate steering committee of Baker McKenzie International. He is also a member of several industry focus groups of the Firm. He is ranked among the leading lawyers in his areas of practice by various publications, including Chambers Europe and Legal500.
Alexander acts as the trusted advisor of various clients and currently serves as a member of the board of directors of several companies. He lectures at the University of Zurich in the CUREM master and executive classes and is a regular speaker at seminars. He is also engaged in the INSEAD Alumni Association Switzerland where he serves as president.
Alexander advises domestic and international clients in cross-border and national real estate and corporate transactions, private equity and venture capital, mergers and acquisitions as well as fund structuring.
Representative Legal Matters
- Alexander advises domestic and international clients in cross-border and national real estate and corporate transactions, private equity and venture capital, mergers and acquisitions as well as fund structuring.
- Acted as lead adviser for countless clients in domestic and international sell-side and buy-side real estate and corporate transactions (including asset swaps) mergers and acquisitions and private equity deals.
- Represented various international clients in real estate development projects and HRT transactions (hotel, tourism and resorts).
- Acted as lead adviser for domestic and international clients in sell-side and buy-side sale- and-lease back transactions.
- Represented numerous healthcare companies in international buy-side transactions; represented various healthcare investment funds in biotech investments.
- Acted as lead adviser for promoters in setting up regulated and non-regulated Swiss and foreign fund structures (including listed vehicles) focusing on real estate, private equity and/or alternative investments.
- Acted as lead adviser, director, angel investor and/or co-founder in several Swiss start-up companies; represented early-stage investors and private equity houses in venture capital transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- INSEAD Alumni Association Switzerland
- Switzerland (1996)
- INSEAD Business School (M.B.A.) (2001)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur.) (1999)
- University of Bern (Law Degree) (1996)
Contribution to the Law & Practice section of the Chambers Real Estate 2019 Guide
Author, Commentary on articles 18, 20, 43, 44, 64 and 65 of the Swiss Merger Act, in: Stämpflis Handkommentar, Fusionsgesetz, 2nd Edition, 2015
Speaker, "Development Projects," “Academy of Best Execution, September 2016