Andrea Ziegler has more than 20 years of experience handling corporate cross-border M&A transactions and restructurings. She joined Baker McKenzie in 1999 and is member of the M&A and Corporate Restructurings practice groups.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented NSL Engineering Holdings Ltd., Singapore in its acquisition of a participation in Salzgitter Maschinenbau AG.
- Represented Schneider Electric S.A. in its acquisition of assets from ABN Braun AG.
- Represented Tokheim Service Group S.A.S. in its Joint Venture with Kärcher for car wash machines.
- Represented Schneider Electric S.A. and ALSTOM Holdings S.A. in the separation of AREVA T&D in Germany between them.
- Represented Schneider Electric GmbH in its sale of its project management business for low and middle voltage energy distribution projects to Vinci.
- Represented Carrefour in the transnational merger of one of its subsidiaries in Germany into one of its French subsidiaries.
- Represented Göhler in its divestiture of its business of installation and maintenance of petrol stations to Tokheim SA.
- Represented Schneider Electric S.A. in its acquisition of Ritto GmbH & Co. KG.
- Represented Air Liquide in its acquisition of Lurgi GmbH.
- Represented Bobst S.A. in its acquisition of Steuer GmbH.
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Mergers and Acquisitions Law 2021
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (1993)
- University of Hamburg (Assessor Exam) (1991)
- University of Hamburg (Referendar Exam) (1986)
- Institut de Droit Comparé, Paris (Assistant)
- University of Lausanne
- University of Goettingen
Author, "Earn-Out Provisions in M&A Transactions – practical recommendations," M&A Review 6/2016
Author, "Bridging the Evaluation Gap," Yearbook 2011 of the German M&A Association, page 32 ff.
Author, "Break Off Fees in M&A Transactions?" M&A Review 1/2008
Author, "Acquisition in Installments – Options in Share Purchase Agreements," M&A Review 10/2005
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.