Andrea Ziegler has more than 20 years of experience handling corporate cross-border M&A transactions and restructurings. She joined Baker McKenzie in 1999 and is member of the M&A and Corporate Restructurings practice groups.
Ms. Ziegler has extensive experience in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures and corporate restructurings. She has represented numerous strategic and financial investors, as well as corporate sellers in auction processes, major corporate acquisitions, divestitures and restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Schneider Electric S.A. and ALSTOM Holdings S.A. in the separation of AREVA T&D in Germany between them.
- Represented Carrefour in the transnational merger of one of its subsidiaries in Germany into one of its French subsidiaries.
- Represented Göhler in its divestiture of its business of installation and maintenance of petrol stations to Tokheim SA.
- Represented Schneider Electric S.A. in its acquisition of Ritto GmbH & Co. KG.
- Represented Air Liquide in its acquisition of Lurgi GmbH.
- Represented Bobst S.A. in its acquisition of Steuer GmbH.
- Represented Schneider Electric S.A. in its acquisition of Elau AG.
- Represented Nutricia in its sale of Bekina Lebensmittel GmbH.
- Represented Messer Griesheim in the sale of more than 40 of its subsidiaries in more than 20 jurisdictions.
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (1993)
- University of Hamburg (Assessor Exam) (1991)
- University of Hamburg (Referendar Exam) (1986)
- Institut de Droit Comparé, Paris (Assistant)
- University of Lausanne
- University of Goettingen
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.