Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise)
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Fei Zhou is a member of the Finance & Project group at Baker McKenzie's Tokyo office. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked for prominent law firms in Shanghai, Tokyo and New York.
Fei's practice focuses on finance and projects, inbound/outbound investment and M&A matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a leading German bank and syndicate members (including multilaterals) on the financing or acquisition refinancing of multiple solar power projects in Japan under novel offshore lending structures.
- Assisted a Japanese financial services company on its first overseas direct investment in an offshore solar power project in Taiwan.
- Assisted a global financial services group to sell its equity interests in multiple solar power projects in Japan.
- Assisted domestic and overseas sponsors and financial institutions in connection with the financing of onshore/offshore wind power projects and solar power projects in Japan.
- Assisted a Japanese consortium consisting of a consulting firm, an engineering company and a research institution on a PPP transaction in relation to a waste-to-energy project partly financed by a government grant in an ASEAN country.
- Assisted a Singaporean multinational banking and financial services corporation in connection with a real estate finance transaction through the purchase of bonds issued by a Japanese real estate TMK.
- Assisted a Chinese airline company on its pro-bond issuance on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (a series of three totaling JPY 50 billion).
- Assisted a key Japanese carrier on its participation in a note refinancing transaction for a US terminal expansion project.
- Assisted a Japanese leading investment manager on executing a new set of fund documents arising from the restructuring of feeder funds in response to the UK tax regulation reforms.
- Assisted a new unicorn fintech company for its incorporation and expansion in Japan, advised on its contemplated Shuno Daiko service and application for a Funds Transfer Business Operator license.
- Assisted a European group company on its multiple securitization transactions in Japan, reviewed and commented on the Trust Agreement, Asset Backed Loan Agreement, Servicing Agreement and ISDA documents.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2018)
- China (2010)
- Boston University (LLM Banking & Finance Law) (2015)
- East China University of Political Science and Law (LLB) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.