Paul is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate Practice, advising on midmarket to premium deals (over GBP 500 million). Paul is also part of the Firm’s China Practice. He has represented Fortune 500 companies.
A client interviewed by Legal 500 UK has this to say: “Paul Wong is incredibly hard-working, very personable . . . He has an excellent grasp of the facts and the law in any case, and is a pleasure to work with." Another client said, "Paul Wong Chun Yi, who is dual-qualified in the UK and Singapore, has ‘expert knowledge of contractual matters’ . . ."
Paul advises the Firm's clients on international corporate transactions, complex restructurings and corporate litigation. Across these three practice pillars, Paul's busy practice includes representing clients on cross-border mergers and acquisitions transactions, carve-outs, joint ventures, competition and regulatory issues, corporate governance matters and commercial claims.
Paul received his LL.B. (Hons) from the National University of Singapore in 2010 and his LL.M. (focusing on corporate law) from Columbia Law School in 2022, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. Paul has been ranked thrice by the Legal 500 as a Next Generation Partner.
Paul is dual-qualified in England & Wales (Solicitor and Solicitor-Advocate) and Singapore (Advocate and Solicitor). He is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK).
Paul reads widely beyond the law and speaks Mandarin as a second language. He has a creative spark and an irrepressible personality. Having had and continuing to have a significant career spanning both the commercial contentious and non-contentious aspects of the law, he is prized by clients to be very commercially aware and able to bring innovative and practical approaches to complex problems.
Representative Legal Matters
- Novartis on M&A and dispute matters
- China Taiping Insurance Group on various corporate, regulatory and dispute matters
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) - Member
- Law Society of England and Wales
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (Solicitor Advocate)
- Supreme Court of Singapore~Singapore
- Columbia University School of Law (LLM Corporate Law, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (2022)
- Oxford University (PGDip in IP Law and Practice) (2020)
- National University of Singapore (LLB Hons) (2010)