Richard White has a broad-based business-transactional practice focusing on complex cross-border corporate and commercial contract matters, with a strong emphasis on global brand expansion and international business growth. His experience extends to cross-border joint venture transactions, international franchising, licensing and distribution transactions, international mergers and acquisitions, and international corporate formation and maintenance. Mr. White represents many of the leading hotel, lodging and hospitality franchise companies and has significant experience negotiating complex franchise transactions in the US and in numerous other countries around the world.
Mr. White routinely advises and counsels clients on corporate transactions, with an emphasis on cross-border business transactions, commercial contracts, structuring international and domestic franchise transactions, and other corporate matters. He has significant experience in representing clients in the restaurant and hospitality industries in their acquisitions, dispositions, franchising, and commercial contract matters on an international basis.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Texas~United States (2007)
- University of Tennessee (J.D.) (2007)
- University of Tennessee (Masters of Accounting) (2002)
- University of Tennessee (B.S.) (2000)
- Co-author, "We Gotta Get Out of this Place: Exploring Refranchising Options and Issues for the Franchisor," American Bar Association, October 2021
- Co-author, “Not Just Another M&A Deal,” The Franchise Lawyer, Fall 2016
- Co-author, “Sandbagging: Who is Bludgeoning Whom?” Dallas Bar Association, July 1, 2015
- Author, "Modernization and Harmonization: China’s 2006 Bankruptcy Law", JBLP Vol. 16 No. 3 407, June 2007
- Author, "Litigation Recovery is Fully the Client’s Taxable Income—Even Under a Contingency Fee Agreement", 7 Transactions 197, 224, 2005