Mike Webster heads the Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Industry Group for the Europe, Middle East and Africa region and is the Global Infrastructure Group leader. For more than 25 years, he has assisted clients in major project development and construction law projects and related transactions.
Mike focuses his practice on energy, mining, transport, water and infrastructure transactions across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. His wide client base includes companies in the petrochemical, mining, water, power, infrastructure and construction industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma'aden), as owner, in relation to the on-going development of the Umm Wual phosphate deposit and related process plants and the development of a new industrial city in the North Province of Saudi Arabia; and in relation to the USD5 billion development of Ma'aden's initial phosphate project and related infrastructure in Saudi Arabia.
- Acting for AUTOSTRADA WIELKOPOLSKA, as the concessionaire, in connection with the EUR1.6 billion project financing, development and operation of Sections I and II of the A2 toll motorway in Poland.
- Acting for Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma'aden), as owner, in relation to the USD11 billion development of a bauxite mine, alumina refinery, aluminium smelter rolling mill and related infrastructure in Saudi Arabia.
- Acting for Southern Water in relation to the development of the waste water treatment plant and sludge recycling facility and related infrastructure for Brighton and Hove, England and on its capital procurement strategy for the relevant AMP regulatory periods.
- Acting for the Government of the British Virgin Islands on the development of transport infrastructure assets.
- Hong Kong (1992)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1988)
- King's College London, UK (Master of Science) (1990)
- College of Law at Guildford (S.F.E.) (1986)
- Cambridge University (Jesus College) (Master of Arts) (1986)
- Cambridge University (Jesus College) (B.A.) (1985)
- Hong Kong
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.