Mike Webster is a Partner in Baker McKenzie’s Global Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Industry Group and heads the Corporate Department of the London office.
Mike has more than 30 years experience working on transactions across the EMEA region, as well as in Asia and the Caribbean. Mike has worked in the Firm's London and Hong Kong offices.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the project sponsors, Suez and Itochu, in relation to the Belgrade Energy-from-Waste PPP project in Serbia, the first project of its kind in the region.
- Acting for Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma'aden), as owner, in relation to the development of its Al Jalamid and Umm Wual phosphate deposits and related process plants, infrastructure and industrial cities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising the contractor on the construction of the Lakhta Centre in St Petersburg, Russia, the new headquarters for Gazprom and the tallest building in Europe.
- Acting for Edwardian Hotels on a new-build five star hotel development in Leicester Square, London on a construction management basis.
- Advising the owner on the development of a gold mine and related process plants and infrastructure facilities in the Republic of Kyrgyzstan.
- Acting for the Government of the British Virgin Islands on the development of its cruise port and airport.
- Hong Kong (1992)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1988)
- King's College London, UK (Master of Science) (1990)
- College of Law at Guildford (S.F.E.) (1986)
- Cambridge University (Jesus College) (Master of Arts) (1986)
- Cambridge University (Jesus College) (B.A.) (1985)
- Hong Kong