Mike Webster is a Partner in Baker McKenzie's Global Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Industry Group. Mike has more than 30 years experience working on transactions across the EMEA region, as well as in Asia and the Caribbean. Mike has worked in the Firm's London and Hong Kong offices.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the project sponsors in relation to the development and operation of the San Juan cruise port in Puerto Rico on a PPP basis.
- Advising the project sponsors in relation to the Belgrade Energy-from-Waste PPP project in Serbia, the first project of its kind in the region.
- Acting for Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma'aden) in relation to the development of its bauxite mine, refinery and aluminium smelter project and its phosphates projects including related process plants, infrastructure and industrial cities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Acting for the contractor in relation to the construction of a major gas processing facility at Ust-Luga, Russia.
- Advising the contractor on the construction of the Lakhta Centre in St Petersburg, Russia, being the tallest building in Europe.
- Acting for Edwardian Hotels on a new-build five star hotel development in Leicester Square, London on a construction management basis.
- Advising the owner on the development of a gold mine and related process plants and infrastructure facilities in the Republic of Kyrgyzstan.
- Advising the lenders in relation to various phases of the redevelopment of the iconic Battersea Power Station in London.
- Hong Kong (1992)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1988)
- King's College London (Master of Science) (1990)
- College of Law at Guildford (S.F.E.) (1986)
- Cambridge University (Jesus College) (Master of Arts) (1986)
- Cambridge University (Jesus College) (B.A.) (1985)
- Hong Kong