Eva regularly advises clients in a variety of industries on Canadian and international merger control, foreign investment and national security in corporate and commercial transactions. She has particular experience in the coordination of multijurisdictional merger clearances, and in advising on all aspects of pre-merger requirements under the Canadian Competition Act. Her extensive experience in foreign investment matters under the Investment Canada Act includes assisting clients with the preparation of review applications and notifications in both cultural and non-cultural sectors, drafting and negotiating undertakings, and identifying strategic approaches to national security clearance.
Eva also advises on a range of other competition law issues, including cartel arrangements, private antitrust litigation and anticompetitive arrangements, and regularly provides day-to-day strategic counsel on various horizontal and vertical trade activities such as pricing practices, selective distribution systems and the creation of joint venture arrangements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- International Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario~Canada (2013)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M., with distinction) (2018)
- McGill University, Montreal (B.C.L., LL.B.) (2011)
- McGill University, Montreal (B.A., Joint Honours) (2007)
- Co-author, Canada: Pharmaceuticals, “The Antitrust Review of the Americas,” Global Competition Review, 2019 and 2018.
- Co-author, Canada chapter, "Dominance in Getting the Deal Through," 2019 and 2018 .