Dr. Maximilian Voll is a member of Baker McKenzie's Public Law Practice Group in Berlin. He joined the Firm as an associate in 2017. His practice focuses on public sector projects and includes in particular public procurement law, contract law and regulatory law.
Maximilian holds a doctoral degree (s.c.l.) from the University of Göttingen, Germany. He obtained a master’s degree in law at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Maximilian regularly publishes and speaks on public procurement law related matters.
Maximilian focuses his practice on public sector projects primarily in the fields of infrastructure, defence and security, healthcare and information technology. He advises clients on all aspects of public procurement law, contract law and regulatory law, including energy and environmental law as well as state aid law. Maximilian also advises and represents companies and public authorities in tender and review procedures and in post-tender disputes.
He furthermore regularly advises on public law related risks in M&A transactions, including regulatory law, state aid law and environmental law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a railway rolling stock manufacturer in a tender review procedure to challenge the direct award of a contract on the delivery of subway cars.
- Defended several leading global pharmaceutical companies in post-tender disputes and litigation procedures concerning delivery failure-related damage claims from public health insurers.
- Advised a German employers' liability insurance association on public-public co-operations outside the scope of EU/German public procurement law.
- Advised Commerz Real Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft (KVG) on its acquisition of two wind farms in Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland for its "CR Institutional Renewable Energies Fund".
- Advised an international power plant manufacturer on contractual and strategic aspects related with an EU institution construction project.
- Advised Thor Industries, Inc. on EUR 2.1 Billion Acquisition of Erwin Hymer Group.
- Advised Toppan Printing on acquisition of Interprint Group from Wrede Industrieholding.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutscher Juristentag e.V. - Member
- Forum Vergabe e.V. - Member
- Deutsches Vergabenetzwerk (DVNW) - Member
- Germany (2017)
- Georg August University of Göttingen (Dr. iur.) (2019)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LLM) (2017)
- Superior Court of Justice, Berlin (Assessor Exam) (2016)
- Georg August University of Göttingen (First State Exam) (2011)
- Author, "Sicherheit als Argument im Vergaberecht – Eine Analyse des Rechts der Vergabe verteidigungs- und sicherheitsrelevanter öffentlicher Aufträge unter Einbeziehung des Primärrechtsschutzes," Nomos, 2020
- Co-author (with Marc Gabriel), "Markterkundungen öffentlicher Auftraggeber im Grenzbereich zwischen Leistungsbestimmungsrecht und Ausschreibungspflicht," Neue Zeitschrift für Baurecht und Vergaberecht (NZBau), 83-87, 2019
- Author, Commentary on Sec. 108 GWB (Exceptions for Public-Public Partnerships) and Sec. 117 GWB (Special Exceptions for the Award of Public Contracts Containing Defense and Security Aspects), in: Beck’s Online-Commentary on Public Procurement Law, by Gabriel/Mertens/Prieß/Stein, 6th Edition, C.H. Beck, 2018
- Co-author (with Marc Gabriel), "Der neue Vergaberechtsrahmen für die Beschaffung von EURO-Banknoten durch die EZB und die nationalen Zentralbanken," Neue Zeitschrift für Baurecht und Vergaberecht (NZBau), 264-268, 2015
- Co-author (with Marc Gabriel), "Das Ende der Inländerdiskriminierung im Vergabe(primär)recht," Neue Zeitschrift für Baurecht und Vergaberecht, 155-158, 2015