Dr. Maximilian Voll is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Infrastructure, Construction and State Projects Practice Group in Berlin. He advises and represents domestic and international clients on construction related matters and infrastructure projects as well as in public procurement procedures. He joined the Firm as an associate in 2017.
Maximilian holds a doctoral degree (s.c.l.) from the University of Göttingen, Germany. He obtained a master’s degree in law at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Maximilian regularly publishes and speaks on public procurement law related matters and is a lecturer for public procurement law at the Faculty of Law at the University of Göttingen.
Maximilian has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating construction, engineering, design and project management agreements and in representing his clients in contract negotiations as well as during the construction and project realization phase. He regularly advises and represents clients in complex plant development projects, such as the development of logistics centers and pharmaceutical production facilities as well as in renewable energy projects. This includes the development of photovoltaic plants, battery energy storage systems, wind farms and e-charging facilities for electric cars.
Maximilian also advises and represents clients on all aspects of public procurement law, both during tender procedures, public procurement review procedures and in post-tender disputes, primarily in the fields of infrastructure, defense and security, healthcare and information technology.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Siemens Mobility GmbH in a public procurement review procedure on the award of a contract for the development, manufacture and delivery of 200 electric railcars for the Munich S-Bahn.
- Represented Siemens Mobility GmbH in a public procurement review procedure on the award of a contract for the construction of 130 double-deck trains.
- Defended several leading global pharmaceutical companies in post-tender disputes and litigation procedures concerning delivery failure-related damage claims from public health insurers.
- Advised and represented a major US headquartered fashion company on the new development of a European logistics center, including preparation and negotiation of the plant development contracts for the machine handling equipment system and during construction.
- Advised and represented a car manufacturer with respect to the construction and operation of high-performance charging stations for electronic vehicles in Europe, including drafting and negotiation of the required agreements.
- Advised and represented a US pharmaceutical company on a major construction project for the development of a new active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing facility, including draft and negotiation of the project agreements and during construction.
- Advised and represented a German e-commerce company on the development of a new logistics center in Germany, including draft and negotiation of the plant development contracts for the machine handling equipment system and advice during construction.
- Advised and represented a major European renewable energy company in a tender procedure by a German car manufacturer on the development and operation of an onshore windfarm with 120 MW capacity.
- Advised a major European renewable energy company on the preparation of a standard set of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract templates for the development of renewable energy projects in Germany.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ARGE Baurecht
- Deutscher Juristentag e.V.
- Forum Vergabe e.V.
- Deutsches Vergabenetzwerk (DVNW)
- Germany (2017)
- Georg August University of Göttingen (Dr. iur.) (2019)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LLM) (2017)
- Superior Court of Justice, Berlin (Assessor Exam) (2016)
- Georg August University of Göttingen (First State Exam) (2011)
- Co-author (with Marc Gabriel, Janet Butler, Andreas Schulz und Katharina Weiner), "Handbuch Vergaberecht," Marc Gabriel / Wolfram Krohn, 3rd edition, 24 March 2021, beck-shop.de
- Author, "Sicherheit als Argument im Vergaberecht - Eine Analyse des Rechts der Vergabe verteidigungs- und sicherheitsrelevanter öffentlicher Aufträge unter Einbeziehung des Primärrechtsschutzes," Nomos, 2020
- Co-author (with Marc Gabriel), "Markterkundungen öffentlicher Auftraggeber im Grenzbereich zwischen Leistungsbestimmungsrecht und Ausschreibungspflicht," Neue Zeitschrift für Baurecht und Vergaberecht (NZBau), 83-87, 2019
- Author, Commentary on Sec. 108 GWB (Exceptions for Public-Public Partnerships) and Sec. 117 GWB (Special Exceptions for the Award of Public Contracts Containing Defense and Security Aspects), in: Beck's Online-Commentary on Public Procurement Law, by Gabriel/Mertens/Prieß/Stein, 6th Edition, C.H. Beck, 2018
- Co-author (with Marc Gabriel), "Der neue Vergaberechtsrahmen für die Beschaffung von EURO-Banknoten durch die EZB und die nationalen Zentralbanken," Neue Zeitschrift für Baurecht und Vergaberecht (NZBau), 264-268, 2015
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Alexander Wolff, Dr. Oliver Socher, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.