Daniel Villanueva Plasencia is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Intellectual Property Practice Group in Guadalajara. He has extensive experience in intellectual and industrial property matters, including trademarks, patents and copyrights. Prior to joining the Firm, he was the founding partner of a local firm in Guadalajara.
Mr. Villanueva drafts intellectual and industrial property, franchise and confidentiality agreements, and handles domain name disputes and other infringements in Mexico and internationally. He focuses on the clearance, protection, maintenance, consultation, and coordination of trademarks, patents, copyrights and domain names for IP portfolios worldwide. He is also experienced in information technology and privacy matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Counseled numerous prestigious companies in Mexico on data protection and data transfer issues.
- Represented numerous prestigious companies in Mexico, coordinating their entire intellectual property portfolio in the country and abroad.
- Actively involved in the development of IP strategies for different clients.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber (AMCHAM) - Young Entrepreneurs - Member
- Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property - Member
- Mexico (2009)
- Suffolk University Law School (LLM) (2009)
- Universidad Panamericana (2008)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.