Juan David is a Transactional Tax Partner and Wealth Management Practice Group Leader at Baker McKenzie Colombia. As a leading transactional tax practitioner, he has actively advised numerous public and private companies, as well as private equity and venture capital firms on multijurisdictional tax-related aspects of investment, project finance, mergers, acquisitions and disposition of business interests and corporate reorganizations.
He also works with high-net-worth individuals on private wealth management, tax-efficient estate planning strategies and cross-border asset-protection structures.
Juan's practice focuses on transactional tax, mergers and acquisition tax, taxation of private equity and venture capital, taxation of digital economy, taxation of compensation and benefits and wealth management for private clients.
- Highly recommended as a ranked lawyer Band 1 by Chambers & Partners - Private Wealth Law, Tax, The Legal 500, Latin Lawyer, International Tax Review and Best Lawyers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association (IFA), Honorary Member and Former President Colombia Chapter, Member of the Latin American Regional Committee and Vice President of the Global YIN Committee
- Member of the Colombian Institute of Tax and Foreing Trade Law
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Colombia (2009)
- University of Oxford, Saïd Business School (Said Business School)
- Boston University School of Law (Tax LL.M.) (2012)
- Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy (LL.M. International law) (2013)
- Universidad de los Andes (Tax Specialization) (2010)
- Universidad de los Andes (J.D.)
- Harvard Law School (Program on Negotiation)
- Exeter University (MBA)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein