Daniel Urdiain is a member of the Firm’s Labor Practice Group in Mexico City. He is fluent in all aspects of labor law and regularly advises clients on the employment-related issues arising from commercial and corporate transactions.
Mr. Urdiain focuses his practice on general employment advice, immigration and social security matters, as well as individual litigation. He also provides general advice on the areas of compensation and benefits, as well as dues derived from the Social Security Law and the National Workers Housing Fund Institute Law. He also advises clients on labor tax planning and tax litigation matters. Additionally, Mr. Urdiain helps Mexican and foreign multinationals obtain legal immigration documents for their employees.
Representative Legal Matters
- Obtaining confirmations of opinions from tax authorities such as the IMSS and INFONAVIT.
- Participating in corporate restructuring for the migration of staff to other legal entities.
- Advises on individual labor matters.
- Provides assistance in the elaboration of labor documents, including individual labor contracts and internal working regulations.
- Advises on the implementation of employee transfer strategies between global companies, including developing international transfer policies from the immigration and labor point of view.
- Advises on obtaining immigration documentation.
- Handles document preparation and immigration documents processing.
- Represents clients in many social security litigation matters.
- Handled major projects involving outsourcing.
- Mexico (2010)
- University Iberoamericana (2008)