Olivia Tyrrell is a partner in the Corporate and Securities Practice Group in Chicago. Ms. Tyrrell has also practiced in the Firm's Sydney and Barcelona offices and gained extensive experience in counseling clients on a wide variety of corporate and securities transactions. She is a member of Baker McKenzie's North America Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Steering Committee, the American Bar Association's Task Force on International Transactions and the Chicago Council on Foreign Relations. Additionally, she acts as board member and treasurer of Kaleidoscope Inc., and is also a volunteer for Lawyers in the Classroom at McCutcheon Elementary. Ms.Tyrrell received the “Chicago 40 Under 40” award from The National Law Journal.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Abbott Laboratories with respect to a wide range of transactions, including:
- The sale to Mylan of a portfolio of branded specialty and generic drugs in developed markets outside the United States (USD5.3 billion);
- Spin-off of Abbott Laboratories’ research-based pharmaceutical business;
- Global separation and spin-off of its research-based pharmaceutical business and the formation of a new publicly-traded biopharmaceutical company, AbbVie Inc.
- Acquisition of Piramal Healthcare Limited’s Healthcare Solutions business (USD3.8 billion);
- Acquisition of Solvay’s pharmaceutical, vaccine and diagnostics businesses (USD6.2 billion);
- Acquisition of Guidant’s worldwide vascular interventions and endovascular solutions businesses in 35 jurisdictions (USD4.6 billion);
- Acquisition of the cardiology, radiology and peripheral interventional business of Jomed N.V. in 22 jurisdictions;
- License and Supply Agreement with Zydus Cadila of India for 24 Zydus pharmaceutical products in 15 emerging markets (and option for 40 additional products).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Queensland - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Council on Foreign Relations - Member
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (2004)
- Queensland~Australia (2001)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D.) (2003)
- Queensland University of Technology (LL.B. summa cum laude) (2001)
- Queensland Institute of Technology (Bachelor of Business Accounting summa cum laude, University Medalist) (1998)