Peerapan is exceptionally fluent in legal matters relating to healthcare and consumer. Peerapan has extensive experience assisting numerous leading healthcare clients on complex mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate structures and restructuring.
Her long experience in the healthcare and life sciences industry and risk exposure in this heavily regulated industry allows her to bring commerciality and practicality to clients’ transactions and operations. Her client list includes a Japanese-based Fortune 500 company, multinational manufacturers, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and oil and gas companies.. She also has substantial experience advising on anti-corruption compliance issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Takeda on the post-acquisition integration of Shire in Thailand, including providing regulatory advice on the transfer of the marketing authorizations and how to manage the process.
- Advising one of Thailand's largest conglomerate on the establishment of a joint venture to engage in medical cannabis business in Thailand, including providing advice on the R&D investment agreement with relevant Thai governmental organizations, advice on the joint venture and partnership with a leading multinational cannabis company with headquarters in Canada, and analysis of the regulatory and investment landscape and framework for medical cannabis and hemp in Thailand.
- Advising a leading innovative skincare brand and beauty clinic, on their outbound expansion of beauty and innovative skincare business in China.
- Advising AGC Inc. (formerly known as Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.), the world’s largest global manufacturer and supplier of glass products, headquartered in Tokyo and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, in connection with its over Baht 17 billion offer to acquire the majority stake in Vinythai Public Company Limited, a major Thailand based global manufacturer and supplier of plastic and chemical products listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand, via a purchase of the majority shares from Solvay, a major global manufacturer and supplier of chemical products, headquartered in Belgium and listed on the Euronext, and the subsequent tender offer for all the remaining shares in the target company. This deal won Asia Business Law Journal's Deal of the Year Award for 2017.
- Representing Mitr Phol Group, Asia's largest sugar producer, in connection with their US$ 55 million investment for research and development and to scale up the production of Erythritol and Xylitol, two of the most widely used sugar alcohols in the global natural sweetener market. Key aspects of the investment involves the collaboration and joint venture arrangement with Dynamic Food Ingredients Corporation (DFI), a world leading company in electrochemistry research and development. Our role includes (i) advice on the transaction structure of its partnership in the USA as well as the joint venture between the two parties in Thailand (ii) negotiating the transaction agreements for the joint investment and technology licensing arrangement (iii) implementation and the joint investment on research and development of the Erythritol and Xylitol.
- Assisting on the THB 77,297,700 Thailand aspects of the spin-off of Baxter International Inc.’s bioscience business to Baxalta Incorporated. We advised on the implementation of the overall transaction, as well as the corporate aspects, the transaction agreements, the product registration license applications (FDA) and other regulatory matters, including tax and the transfer of employees and other employment aspects of the transaction.
- Advising Corbion, a global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and lactides and a company listed on the Euronext, on the 50/50 joint venture with Total, one of the "supermajor" oil companies in the world, to produce and market polylactic (PLA) polymers via their first 75,000 tons PLA polymerization plant in Thailand. The closing of the joint venture followed the over THB1 billion spin-off of the lactide business of Corbion in Thailand to the joint venture entity.
- Assisting an Australian-listed company and leading animal feed producer in connection with the acquisition of shares in a Thai aquatic feed manufacturing company by its subsidiary.
- Advising Pfizer on its sale of Pfizer Nutrition to a Switzerland-based multinational conglomerate. The sale is part of the USD11.85 billion infant nutrition deal which Pfizer initiated through a bidding process.
- Advising Pfizer on the animal health business transfer to Pfizer Animal Health (now named Zoetis) and assisted with the establishment of Pfizer Animal Health.
- Client Choice winner for Healthcare & Life Sciences, Lexology, 2019
- Leading Individual in Corporate M&A, The Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2009-2020
- Notable Practitioner in Corporate and M&A and Life Sciences, Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2014-15
- External Counsel of the Year, ASIAN- MENA Counsel, In-House Community, 2012
- Leading Individual in Life Sciences: Regulatory, PLC Which Lawyer?, 2010-2011
- Recommended Lawyer in Life Sciences Super Leagues: Regulatory, PLC Which Lawyer?, 2011
- Recommended Lawyer in Life Sciences: Regulatory, PLC Which Lawyer?, 2005-2009
- Leader of the Year Award, Baker McKenzie, 2009
- Fluency Award’ in Culture of Friendship, Baker McKenzie, 2011 and 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1984)
- National Justice Academy Judicial Training Institute Office of the Judiciary (Programme of Senior Executives on Justice Administration, Batch 13) (2009)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M. Merit) (1993)
- University of California, Berkeley (Certificate, Orientation to US Law) (1991)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B.) (1983)
Publications and Articles
Author, "Digital Transformation in Healthcare Series: Towards Reopening Thailand and COVID-19 Tracing Devices", Lexology, 7 October 2020
Author, "Digital Transformation in Healthcare Series: Telemedicine beyond COVID-19 Pandemic", Lexology, 17 August 2020
Author, "Draft Ministerial Regulations Prescribing Rules, Procedures and Conditions on the Use and Possession of Kratom in the Designated Areas Where the Use of Kratom is Allowed", 11 August 2020
Author, "Healthcare Due Diligence - What to watch out for in conducting a target's "Health Checkup"?, Lexology, 6 August 2020
Author, "The Cabinet has Approved the Draft of a Further Amendment to the Narcotics Act regarding Medical Cannabis", 6 August 2020