Stefanie Tuma joined Baker McKenzie in 2001. Parallel to her work as legal assistant in the Firm's Munich office, she studied commercial law at a German university of applied sciences and graduated in January 2010 (Diplom- Wirtschaftsjuristin).
Stefanie Tuma is a member of the Firm's German Corporate Practice Group and Baker McKenzie's Global Reorganizations Group. Stefanie's practice is focused on corporate law, including corporate maintenance matters. Stefanie has broad experience in advising world-wide operating clients on complex domestic and cross-border corporate reorganizations (post-acquisition integrations, pre-transaction reorganizations and legal entity rationalizations). Furthermore, Stefanie advises globally-acting clients on issues relating to the Money Laundering Act, in particular regarding the identification, documentation and filing of their beneficial owners, and is regularly involved in German and international M&A transactions. She frequently coordinates multi-jurisdictional corporate maintenance matters for the Firm’s clients.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a multi-national market research group based in the UK on the corporate separation of the German part of a business unit as preparation of its sale.
- Advice to an US-based global healthcare group regarding a comprehensive reorganization of the German subgroup including numerous transformation processes, capital measures and share transfers.
- Advising on the German part of an internal global restructuring of an internationally operating manufacturer of composite materials and components based in the US.
- Advice to an international courier and logistics group on the restructuring of its European business.
- Advice to a global media group based in the USA on the integration of a newly acquired group of companies as well as ongoing assistance on corporate law issues.
- Ongoing advice to a global medical technology group on corporate law aspects, including the reorganization of the German group companies.
- Advice to a US semiconductor and software group on the German integration of a newly acquired company.
- Advice to a Swedish online media group on reorganization of the German part of the European group structure and ongoing corporate law advice.
- Advised a leading endoscope manufacturer based in Germany regarding its transformation into a SE & Co. KG.
- Regularly advising the Firm’s clients on corporate housekeeping matters.
- University of Applied Sciences (Diplom-Wirtschaftsjuristin) (2010)
- Co-author (with Robin Haas and Tobias Beck), "Draft law on the reorganization of the German transparency register (E-TraFinG Gw)," "Regierungsentwurf zur Neugestaltung des Transparenzregisters (E-TraFinG Gw)," Baker McKenzie Client Alert, 22 April 2021
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.