Andreas Traugott heads the Firm’s Competition Practice Group in the Vienna office. He practices on EU and Austrian competition law, state aid and regulatory matters. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he served as a partner at DLA, Piper Weiss-Tessbach.
Andreas has significant experience advising domestic and international clients on all aspects of competition law. He focuses on merger control, licensing and distribution, IP law, restrictive practices, abuse of dominance, cartel investigations and state aid. Andreas regularly represents clients before the Austrian and European competition authorities.
- Best Law Firms for Antitrust & Competition, Highly recommended, Leaders League Austria 2022
- Competition/European Law, Chambers Europe 2021
- Recommended in Competition Lawyers, Who's Who Legal 2019
- Best Lawyers in Austria 2019 for antitrust & competition law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vienna Bar Association
- Austria (2006)
- Murdoch University (2001)
- University of Graz (1998)
Contributor, Handbook Compliance, 3rd edition, edited by Karin Mair and Alexander Petsche, August 2019