Juliana Tobón is an associate in the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Bogotá office. She joined the Firm in September 2017. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Juliana worked on mergers and acquisitions and corporate law in an important local law firm.
Juliana has more than five years of experience in corporate law, corporate reorganizations, and mergers and acquisitions. Her experience includes drafting and negotiation of agreements and corporate documents, analysis of transactional structures, and coordination of due diligence teams. She has assisted in the negotiations and closing of several acquisitions, mergers or sale of companies. She also advises foreign companies in the incorporation of their subsidiaries in Colombia and both foreign and local companies on corporate compliance, governance and foreign exchange matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Empresas Públicas de Medellín in the acquisition of CaribeMar, one of the companies created by the Colombian Government to continue with Electricaribe’s distribution of electricity in the departments of Bolivar, Cesar, Córdoba and Sucre.
- Advised Brookfield Asset Management in its takeover bid, by means of which Brookfield indirectly acquired an additional 20% of stake in Vanti S.A. E.S.P.
- Advised Daimler in the sale of its passenger cars business in Colombia to Praco Didacol S.A.S.
- Advised Aviagen Group in the purchase of a majority stake in Avícola Colombiana S.A. – Avicol.
- Advised CDPQ and Inframco in the possible indirect acquisition of a minority interest in AES Chivor & Cia S.C.A. E.S.P., one of the largest hydroelectric power plants in Colombia (2019).
- Colombia (2015)
- Universidad Javeriana (Specialist Corporate Law) (2018)
- Universidad del Rosario (Law Degree) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein