Juliana joined Baker McKenzie in September 2017, initially to the corporate and reorganizations practice group and now is part of the mergers and acquisitions practice group. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Juliana worked on mergers and acquisitions and corporate law in an important local law firm.
Juliana has more than five years of experience in corporate law, corporate reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions. Her experience includes drafting and negotiation of agreements and corporate documents, analysis of transactional structures and coordination of due diligence teams. She has assisted in the negotiations and closing of several acquisitions, mergers or sale of companies. She also advises foreign companies in the incorporation of their subsidiaries in Colombia and advises both foreign and local companies on corporate compliance, governance and foreign exchange matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Bodytech and its funding shareholders in the sale of a certain stake in Bodytech to L. Catterton and Endeavour (2016).
- Advised Gerdau in the indirect sale of certain assets in Colombia (Coquecol, Sociedad Portuaria Pacific Port and Sociedad Portuaria Riverport), by means of the sale of its foreign subsidiaries (2016).
- Advised Brookfield Asset Management in its second takeover bid, by means of which Brookfield acquired 99% of stake in Isagen S.A. E.S.P. (2016).
- Advised Grupo Argos in the sale of its shareholding interest in Generadora del Atlántico S.A., a company dedicated to the construction and administration of thermoelectric plants and in Generadora del Pacífico S.A., a company dedicated to the construction and administration of thermoelectric and photovoltaic plants (2017).
- Advised Macquarie Capital in the sale of its shareholding interest in Talasa Projectco S.A.S. E.S.P., company incorporated for electric power generation (hydroelectric) and Talasa Conexión S.A.S. (2018).
- Advised Summum Energy S.A.S. in the sale of its 100% stake in Gomez Cajiao y Asociados S.A.S. (a well-known engineering company in Colombia) to Setec Consultant S.A.S. (2018).
- Advised Mercantil Colpatria in the acquisition of 49% stake in Pasa Colombia S.A.S. (a Colombian company dedicated to industrial waste management) from Promotora Ambiental S.A.B. de C.V. (2018).
- Advised CDPQ and Inframco in the possible indirect acquisition of a minority interest in AES Chivor & Cia S.C.A. E.S.P., one of the largest hydroelectric power plants in Colombia (2019).
- Advised Aviagen Group in the purchase of a majority stake in Avícola Colombiana S.A. – Avicol (2019).
- Advised Shell International in its investment in the Colombian company Forest First Colombia S.A.S. (2019).
- Advised Daimler in the sale of its passenger cars business in Colombia to Praco Didacol S.A.S. (2020).
- Colombia (2015)
- Universidad Javeriana (Specialist Corporate Law) (2018)
- Universidad del Rosario (Law Degree) (2015)
Author, "Mecanismo de ejecución de garantías avances novedosos," La República, February 2016
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein