Nuchaya has represented local and multinational companies in a number of inbound, outbound, cross-border investments, and transactions related to sales, mergers, and acquisitions. She has considerable experience in designing investment and transaction structures, negotiating and drafting contracts, conducting legal due diligence investigations, and closing complex transactions.
Her experience also extends to providing a broad range of legal advice on various types of strategic alliances and joint venture arrangements, foreign investment laws, corporate structuring/restructuring, commercial contracts, land and property development laws, and registration and licensing requirements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a leading Singapore-based ride hailing and food delivery app service on its joint venture arrangement with Central Group, Thailand's largest retail conglomerate (value USD 199.3 million).
- Assisted a media conglomerate entertainment company in Thailand in the divestment of a 50% stake in a holding company which has majority stakes in several subsidiaries to investment vehicles of a Thai conglomerate.
- Acted for a Hong Kong-based leading telecommunications operator in its divestiture of investment in Thailand through the sale of shares in its Thai subsidiaries.
- Acted for the leading real estate investor listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange, with respect to investment in a hotel development project in Cape Yamu, Phuket, through share acquisition and a joint venture arrangement.
- Acted for a property developer in the divestiture of its hotel portfolio in Thailand.
- Acted for a private company limited in Singapore and its joint venture company in the acquisition of property in Thailand.
- Acted for a prestigious Thai property developer, in the development of a luxury mixed-use project comprising a retail center, hotel, and residential units.
- Advised a Thai manufacturer, seller and exporter of food and beverage, on its outbound business remodeling, and on strategic planning for pre-litigation and commercial disputes.
- Advised a leading container terminal operator on shareholding restructuring, as well as corporate law, commercial contracts, and relevant laws and regulations concerning operation of its port business in Thailand.
- Advised a leading German naval/marine system supplier, on foreign investment law, joint venture arrangements, commercial contracts, and on strategic planning for pre-litigation and commercial disputes.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (2003)
- University of Manchester (LLM) (2006)
- Chulalongkorn University (LLB) (2002)
- Speaker, "Lunch Talk on Foreign Business Act and Transfer Pricing Law," Bangkok Shipowners and Agents Association, August 2019
- Guest speaker, “ASEAN/THAILAND M&A 2016: Legal, Tax & Business Strategies for Successful Cross-Border Acquisition,” Asia Business Connect, September 2016
- Guest speaker, "How Sales and Purchase Agreements Protect You as an Investor," DWG Real Estate Dennis Wee Reality Pte Ltd business event, August 2016