Kate Thompson is an associate in the Employment & Compensation Practice Group at Baker McKenzie's New York office.
Kate regularly advises clients on employment policies and procedures, diversity and inclusion initiatives, hiring practices, and terminations. She also advises clients on cutting-edge legal issues under the FFCRA, CARES, FMLA, ADA, WARN and NLRA. Additionally, Kate counsels clients on complex employment litigation issues, including wage and hour, discrimination and harassment, non-compete agreements and traditional labor law issues. During law school, Kate completed several federal judicial clerkships in the District Court for the District of New Jersey for the Honorable Madeline Cox Arleo and the Honorable Michael A. Shipp.
- Massachusetts~United States (2020)
- New York~United States (2021)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2021)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2021)
- New York Law School (JD) (2019)
- Fairfield University (BA) (2015)
- Co-presenter, "The COVID-19 Employment Litigation Landscape - Is It All Uphill From Here?" The Employer Rapport, July 2021
- Co-author, "DC Circuit Court Reins in NLRB: No “Rubber Stamp” of NLRB’s Findings and Remedy," The Employer Report, July 2021
- Co-author, NLRB Loses Second Recent Speech Decision, Baker McKenzie The Employer Report, July 2021
- Co-author, New York Enacts COVID-19 Vaccine Paid Leave Law, Baker McKenzie The Employer Report, 19 March 2021
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.