Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a consortium of creditors led by Commerzbank AG and Deutsche Bank AG as co-arrangers on the adjustment of the group financing of Woco Franz Josef Wolf Holding GmbH.
- Advised Pacoma Holding S.à r.l. on the sale of the Pacoma Group to the US group Legget & Platt (L&P).
- Advised AKA Ausfuhrkredit-Gesellschaft mbH as (secured) lender in the context of the insolvency proceedings of MV Werften Group.
- Advised a Dow Jones Company with respect to the sale (carve-out) of its European business unit.
- Advised a car supplier as debtor in self-administration proceedings in connection with ongoing litigation and strategic considerations.
- Advised an international chemical industry company on its operative and financial restructuring.
- Advised BizLink on acquisition of LEONI Industrial Solutions business group.
- Advised Rakuten on a long-term partnership with 1&1 to build its own mobile network.
- Advised a (secured) debt financer as borrower in the context of a non-food supplier insolvency.
- Advised an international automotive supplier on its operative and financial restructuring.
- Advised a bank in connection with the processing and assertion of possible claims for damages against various parties involved in connection with the insolvency of Wirecard AG.
- 'The Best Lawyers' in Germany for Restructuring and Insolvency Law, Handelsblatt 2023 edition
- 'The Best Lawyers' in Germany for Restructuring and Insolvency Law, Handelsblatt 2022 edition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- TMA NextGEN - Member
- German Bar Association (DAV) - Member
- Frankfurt Bar Association - Member
- German Bar Association's young lawyers group (DAV) - Member
- German Bar Association's insolvency law & restructuring working group (DAV) - Member
- Working group "Young Insolvency Lawyers" (DAV) - Member
- Germany (2015)
- Higher Regional Court of Stuttgart (Second State Examination) (2015)
- University of Tuebingen (Dr. iur) (2013)
- University of Oxford (MSt.) (2012)
- University College, London (LL.M.) (2011)
- University of Tuebingen (First State Examination) (2010)
- Author, Comments on sec. 335-359 InsO and on art. 102, 102a, 103, 104, 107-110 EGInsO, Kayser/Thole, Heidelberger Kommentar zur Insolvenzordnung, C.F. Müller Press, (11th edition 2022/2023, in progress)
- Co-author (together with J. Ponseck), Start-ups in a Crisis: What to Watch out For? Evaluation of Recent German Court Decisions in: International Corporate Rescue (ICR) 19 (3) (2022) 147
- Co-Autor (together with I. Labusga), case comment on OLG Düsseldorf 09.02.2022 - 12 U 54/21 in: Neue Zeitschrift für Insolvenz- und Sanierungsrecht (NZI) 2022, 562
- Author, Comments on sec. 94-100, in: Flöther, StaRUG – Unternehmensstabilisierungs- und -restrukturierungsgesetz, C.H.Beck Verlag, (1. edition)
- "Corporate financing in the crisis" (guest lecture), Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, 23.09.2022
- "Claw-back claims concerning intentional behavior (Vorsatzanfechtung) - trend reversal according to current case law_reappraisal, enforcement and defense in practice", working group "young insolvency lawyers" of ARGE insolvency law and restructuring and “FORUM Young Advocacy”, 05.05.2022
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.