Representative Legal Matters
Advised an international oil company on its operative and financial restructuring.
Advised BizLink on acquisition of LEONI Industrial Solutions business group.
Advised Rakuten on a long-term partnership with 1&1 to build its own mobile network.
Advised a debt financer as borrower in the context of a non-food supplier insolvency.
Advised an international automotive supplier on its operative and financial restructuring.
Prior to joining the Firm he,
Advised a bidder consortium around X-Bricks and SCP on the successful acquisition of the Real Group.
Advised Raiffeisen-Tours RT-Reisen GmbH on the acquisition of the franchise system and the brand "Holiday Land" from the insolvency administrator of Thomas Cook.
Advised Schnigge Wertpapierhandelsbank SE on its restructuring within self-administration proceedings.
Advised Kvadrat A/S on the acquisition of the insolvent SAHCO Hesslein GmbH & Co. KG from the insolvency administrator.
Advised the insolvency administrator of Maple Bank on various legal aspects.
- 'The Best Lawyers' in Germany for Restructuring and Insolvency Law, Handelsblatt 2022 edition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- TMA NextGEN - Member
- German Bar Association (DAV) - Member
- Frankfurt Bar Association - Member
- German Bar Association's young lawyers group (DAV) - Member
- German Bar Association's insolvency law & restructuring working group (DAV) - Member
- Germany (2015)
- Higher Regional Court of Stuttgart (Second State Examination) (2015)
- University of Tuebingen (Dr. iur) (2013)
- University of Oxford (MSt.) (2012)
- University College, London (LL.M.) (2011)
- University of Tuebingen (First State Examination) (2010)
- Author, Comments on sec. 94-100, in: Flöther, StaRUG - Unternehmensstabilisierungs- und -restrukturierungsgesetz, C.H.Beck Verlag, (1. Aufl., in Bearbeitung)
- Author, Comments on sec. 335-359 InsO and on art. 102, 102a, 103, 104, 107-110 EGInsO, Kayser/Thole, Heidelberger Kommentar zur Insolvenzordnung, C.F. Müller Press, (10th edition 2020)
- Author, "Partial prolongation of the suspension of the duty of directors to file for insolvency in case of over-indebtedness," Betriebs-Berater (BB), BB-Standpunkt (Online), 8.9.2020
- Co-author (together with N. Lütcke and C. Holzmann), "The COVID-19-Insolvency-Suspension Act (COVInsAG)," Betriebs-Berater (BB) 2020, 898
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.