Junya Suzuki is a member of Baker McKenzie's Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Tokyo. Junya regularly assists clients in matters involving general corporate law. He is also a member of the Firm's Middle East & Africa Focus Group in Tokyo. He advises on and supports investment deals and litigation matters in the Middle East and African regions as well as other emerging countries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised CTBC Bank in the acquisition of The Tokyo Star Bank.
- Advised Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Company in relation to its acquisition of General Electric's leasing business in Japan.
- Advised Hon Hai Precision Industry (Foxconn) and other investors in relation to their investments in Sharp Corporation. Matter was awarded "M&A Deal of the Year" at the International Financial Law Review Asia Awards 2017.
- Advised Yanmar Holdings in relation to its acquisition of the European compact construction equipment business from Terex Corporation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York (inactive)~United States (2015)
- Japan (2009)
- University of Virginia School of Law (LLM) (2015)
- University of Tokyo Graduate School for Law and Politics (JD) (2008)
- University of Tokyo (LLB) (2006)