Lauren Stewart is a Senior Associate in Baker McKenzie’s Real Estate Department based in London.
Lauren's practice covers all aspects of real estate law. In particular she advises clients in relation to high value commercial sales and acquisitions, landlord and tenant law, real estate finance, and the property aspects of corporate transactions.
Lauren advises clients in relation to high value commercial sales and acquisitions. Lauren has extensive experience in leading the real estate aspects of a number of multi-jurisdictional corporate transactions.
Lauren's practice also focusses on the hotel, resorts and tourism sector.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for the vendor in relation to the real estate aspects of a GBP 250 million share acquisition of a UK airport.
- Advising an Asian investor on the GBP 160 million acquisition of a portfolio of 32 regional hotels in the UK.
- Acting for a luxury accessories and fashion retailer on its European expansion programme including stand-alone stores, shopping centre units, outlet stores, and the development of its flagship store.
- Acting for a real estate fund management company in relation to management of a 700,000 sq. ft. prominent town centre retail scheme.
- Acting for an emerging real estate investment company on the acquisition of a UK commercial property portfolio and subsequent GBP 60 million refinance.
- Leading the real estate aspects of a multi-jurisdictional business reorganisation on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company.
- Acting for a national automotive servicing and repair company in relation to the acquisition of the freehold interests in a number of its leasehold sites.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2011)
- College of Law (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Certificate)
- University of St. Andrews (MA International Relations and English)