Tereza Štefunková is proficient in the areas corporate and commercial law. She actively participated in the creation of the PLC Cross-border M&A Handbook, Country Q&A and the Czech Republic, among others. She is a member of the Czech Bar Association.
Ms. Štefunková focuses on all aspects of M&A, restructuring, as well as corporate governance. She counsels on disposals and acquisitions realized by Czech and foreign private equity investors and regularly handles the structuring of transactions, preparation of due diligence reports, drafting and negotiation of transactional documentation. Ms. Štefunková also assists clients with corporate governance matters and advises on D&O liabilities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a consortium of private equity investors (including KBC Private Equity and Mr. Ron Adams) in connection with restructuring of the shareholders structure in TATRA, the largest Czech trucks manufacturer.
- Acted for C.S.CARGO group on numerous acquisition, due diligence and financing matters.
- Acted for Penta Investments in connection with contemplated private sale of Fortuna group of companies in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Croatia.
- Acted for Boston Scientific in connection with merger of Guidant Czech Republic into Boston Scientific Czech Republic.
- Acted for Dexia group in connection with mandatory takeover bid for the shares of Slovak bank.
- Acted for EXIMAT in connection with squeeze-out of minority shareholders of Česká zbrojovka, a major Czech manufacturer of weapons.
- Czech Republic (2007)
- Masaryk University Brno (LL.M.) (2003)
Baker & McKenzie s.r.o., advokátní kancelář is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.