Yuthana is a partner in Baker McKenzie, Bangkok. He is primarily active in the administrative, corporate and commercial, information technology and telecommunications, and intellectual property practice areas. His responsibility also extends to rules and regulations pertaining to government and administrative contracts for both international and local clients. Prior to joining the Firm, he had been a judge advocate, serving in the Royal Thai Navy for more than five years. In addition to practicing law, Mr. Sivaraks is an active visiting lecturer on administrative law, government contracts, information technology, telecommunications, intellectual property, trade competition law and arbitration for a number of Thai universities and institutions.
Mr. Sivaraks represents a wide range of business and institutional clients in corporate and international trade matters. He also assists clients with administrative law matters, government procurements and contracts, and advises on challenging decisions made by government authorities. He also counsels on trade competition, and is an acknowledged leader in the field of telecommunications law. He also conducts court cases relating to government contracts and procurements in the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Persons Holding Political Positions, and conducts cases in the Administrative Court relating to disputes arising from administrative orders and contracts.
Representative Legal Matters
Advising on procurement regulations and telecommunications relevant to military satellite projects, air surveillance radar and close-in weapons systems for offshore patrol helicopters.
Acting as a lawyer in arbitration proceedings in disputes arising from government contracts and procurements.
Acting as a lawyer in court cases relating to government contracts and procurements in the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Persons Holding Political Positions.
Acting as a lawyer in disputes arising from administrative orders and contracts in the Administrative Court.
Participating as a member of the working group providing legal analysis for the Council of State on laws, regulations and tax laws with respect to mergers and acquisitions in Thailand, the USA and the EU.
Participating as a member of the working group providing legal analysis for the Ministry of Commerce on the amendments of partnership and company law under the Civil and Commercial Code.
Providing legal analysis and participating as a member of the working group involved in the privatization of a leading Thailand television channel.
Providing legal analysis on home shopping and online shopping businesses.
Advising international and local companies on distributorships, franchises, and licensing.
Advising international and local companies on clinical trials.
Recommended Lawyer in Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2011 and 2013
Certificate of Honor for Educational Contribution for the School of Information Technology, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Central Land Development Subdivision, Department of Land, Ministry of Interior - Member of the Board (2004 - 2008, 2012 - present)
- Bangkok Metropolis Land Development Subdivision, Ministry of Interior - Member of the Board (2008 - 2012)
- Motion Picture Business Support, Ministry of Culture - Member of the Board (2006)
- National Policy Committee- Legislative Development - Member, Subcommittee Arranging Statutory Codes for the Purpose of Public Convenience (2005 - 2006)
- Legal Committee of King Prajadhipok's Institute (2002 - 2006)
- The Thai Bar Under the Royal Patronage
- The Lawyer Council of Thailand Under the Royal Patronage
- Thailand (1988)
- King Prajadhipok's Institute (Advanced Certificate Course in Politics and Governance in Democratic Systems for Executives) (2010)
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law (LL.M. Comparative Law) (1995)
- Tulane University (LL.M. International Law) (1994)
- Tulane University (Introduction to American Law Certificate) (1993)
- Tulane University (Legal English Certificate) (1993)
- Judge Advocate General's School, Ministry of Defense (JAG Basic Course Certificate) (1990)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (1987)