Representative Legal Matters
Intellectual Property and Technology
Advised a leading US Internet company in relation to consumer protection, privacy, data protection, content regulation, anti-competition and other IP-related issues.
Advised a leading China instant noodle company in a trademark infringement case in the Eastern District of New York.
Advised a US microcontroller company in patent invalidation cases in China.
Advised a US IC design company in patent infringement cases in multiple jurisdictions.
Advised former vice president, chairman of a major Taiwan media outlet and a major Hong Kong media outlet in libel cases.
Advised Taiwan companies including bank, insurance, real estate, petrochemical, high speed rail, hotel, and luxury car distributor in various civil and criminal cases and arbitrations in Taiwan.
Advised US pharmaceutical, medical device, group buying companies in civil cases in Taiwan.
Advised clients in criminal cases involving bribery, market manipulation, insider trading, and violation of the Banking Act.
Mergers & Acquisitions / Cross Border Investments
Advised a US credit card company on various agreements in Taiwan and China.
Advised a foreign private equity fund in the acquisition of an international textile company by a Taiwan listed textile company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- Hsinchu Bar Association
- Taiwan Bar Association - Member, Intellectual Property Committee
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIarb)
- Hsinchu~Taiwan (2014)
- New York~United States (2014)
- Taipei~Taiwan (2012)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (LL.M.) (2012)
- National Taiwan University (LL.M.) (2009)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.) (2006)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Baker McKenzie IPTech Practice Group - Member, Asia Pacific Senior Associate Steering Committee