Sean is experienced in advising clients on matters related to intellectual property, data privacy, technology transactions, digital commerce advertising and marketing, consumer protection, anti-competition and dispute resolution. He is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) and a Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb). He is also an arbitrator of the Chinese Arbitration Association. He worked in Baker McKenzie Chicago office from 2019 to 2020.
Sean's practice focuses on contentious and non-contentious intellectual property, data privacy and cross-border dispute resolution. He also advises clients on technology transactions, digital commerce advertising and marketing, consumer protection and anti-competition issues.
Representative Legal Matters
Intellectual Property and Technology
- Advised a leading U.S. Internet company in relation to consumer protection, privacy, data protection, content regulation, anti-competition and other IP-related issues.
- Advised a U.S. medical devices and health care company on intellectual property, data privacy, consumer protection, anti-competition, unfair advertising and anti-bribery issues.
- Advised a leading U.S. media and entertainment company to resolve trademark conflicts with a Japanese contact lenses and cosmetics company.
- Advised a U.S. investment banking company on IP license agreement for acquisition of a Japanese pharmaceutical company’s consumer health business.
- Advised a leading mobile applications and internet services company in a brand licensing cooperation with a Taiwan telecom company.
- Advised clients on negotiation of intellectual property licensing and cloud service agreements.
- Advised a leading Chinese food company in a trademark infringement case in the Eastern District of New York.
- Advised a U.S. microcontroller company in a series of patent invalidation cases in China.
- Advised a U.S. IC design company in a patent infringement case in China.
- Advised a U.S. chemical company and a French industrial gas company in patent infringement cases in Taiwan.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei, Hsinchu and Keelung Bar Associations
- Taiwan Bar Association - Member, Mediation and ADR Committee and Intellectual Property Committee
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Arbitrator of the Chinese Arbitration Association
- Keelung~Taiwan (2020)
- New York~United States (2014)
- Hsinchu~Taiwan (2014)
- Taipei~Taiwan (2012)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (LL.M.) (2012)
- National Taiwan University (LL.M.) (2009)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.) (2006)
- "Exploring the possibility of using arbitration to resolve SEP infringement disputes " - Commercial Times (2021)
- "Observing the latest developments of EU regulation on international data transfer" - Commercial Times (2021)
- "AI and Trademark Law" - Commercial Times (2020)
- "The IP Strategy of Animal Crossing: New Horizons" - Commercial Times (2020)
- "Following the development of EU's New Copyright Directive" - TIPA Intellectual Property Review (2020)
- "Fighting COVID-19 while Protecting Personal Data" - Commercial Times (2020)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.