David Scott is a corporate partner in Baker McKenzie's London office. He is a member of the Firm's M&A Practice Group, as well as its Consumer Goods & Retail and Healthcare Industry Groups.
David's practice focuses on cross-border M&A and joint ventures, as well as advising on general corporate law matters, primarily for clients active in the consumer or pharma/healthcare sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Unilever on its proposed acquisition of Quala's home and personal care business in Latin America; the disposal of its AdeS soy-based beverages business in Latin America to The Coca-Cola Company and Coca-Cola FEMSA; and its acquisition of the global Camay and Zest personal care businesses from Procter & Gamble.
- Advising Unilever on a number of premium skincare acquisitions for its Prestige division - REN; Kate Somerville; Dermalogica; Murad.
- Advising Unilever on multiple business/brand disposals in various jurisdictions, including the Chicken Tonight and Ragu sauces businesses in the UK and Ireland; the Royal pasta business in the Philippines; and the Mazola oils business in DACH countries.
- Advising PepsiCo on the sale of its Walkers Snack Services business to Palmer & Harvey.
- Advising Prestige Brands on its acquisition from GSK of 17 over-the-counter consumer healthcare brands and their related businesses.
- Advising CSL on its acquisition of Novartis' global influenza vaccines business.
- Advising Carlyle on the sale of its investment in Medical Park, a Turkish healthcare provider.
- Advising Cargill on its acquisition of leading global fish feed provider, EWOS, from Bain Capital and Altor.
- Advising Cargill on the establishment of its 50/50 global sugar trading joint venture with Copersucar.
- Advising LafargeHolcim on its sale of its 65% stake in its Vietnam JV, LafargeHolcim Vietnam, to Siam City Cement Public Company Limited.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- Scotland~United Kingdom (2006)
- BPP (QLTT) (2008)
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law (DipLP) (2003)
- University of Strathclyde (LLB Hons) (2001)
- Université Jean Moulin Lyon III (DEUF) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.