David is a Corporate partner based in Baker McKenzie's London office. He is a member of the Firm's M&A Practice Group, as well as its Consumer Goods & Retail and Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Groups. He is Graduate Recruitment Partner for the London office.
David's practice focuses on cross-border M&A and joint ventures, as well as advising on general corporate law matters, primarily for clients active in the consumer or pharma/healthcare sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Unilever on a series of large scale transactions, including: its USD 5.2 billion agreement to acquire GSK's Health Food Drinks portfolio (primarily Horlicks and Boost) in India, Bangladesh and 20 other predominantly Asian markets; its acquisition of Quala's home and personal care businesses in Latin America; the USD 575 million disposal of its AdeS soy-based beverages business in Latin America to The Coca-Cola Company and Coca-Cola FEMSA; and its acquisition of the global Camay and Zest personal care businesses from Procter & Gamble.
- Advising Unilever on a number of premium skincare acquisitions for its Prestige division, including: REN; Kate Somerville; Dermalogica; and Murad.
- Advising Unilever on numerous local or regional acquisitions and disposals, most recently: the disposal of its ice cream business in Chile to Carozzi; its acquisition of the Astrix home and personal care business in Bolivia from founder shareholders, and the sale of its direct application laundry business in Central America to Industria La Popular.
- Advising Puig on its acquisition of a majority stake in Charlotte Tilbury, the iconic British luxury makeup and skincare brand.
- Advising the majority shareholders of MagicLab, the growing family of brands including the online dating and social networking apps Badoo, Bumble, Chappy and Lumen, on the sale of a majority interest in the company to funds managed by Blackstone, a transaction which valued MagicLab at USD 3 billion.
- Advising PepsiCo on the sale of its Walkers Snack Services business to Palmer & Harvey.
- Advising Prestige Brands on its USD 660 million acquisition from GSK of 17 over-the-counter consumer healthcare brands and their related businesses.
- Advising CSL on its USD 275 million acquisition of Novartis' global influenza vaccines business.
- Advising Carlyle on the sale of its investment in Medical Park, a Turkish healthcare provider, to funds advised by Turkven.
- Advising Cargill on its EUR 1.35 billion acquisition of leading global fish feed provider, EWOS, from Bain Capital and Altor.
- Advising Cargill on the establishment of its 50/50 global sugar trading joint venture, Alvean, with Copersucar.
- Advising LafargeHolcim on the sale of its 65% stake in its Vietnam JV, LafargeHolcim Vietnam, to Siam City Cement Public Company Limited for CHF 867 million.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- Scotland~United Kingdom (2006)
- BPP (QLTT) (2008)
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law (DipLP) (2003)
- University of Strathclyde (LLB Hons) (2001)
- Université Jean Moulin Lyon III (DEUF) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.