David is a Corporate partner based in Baker McKenzie's London office. He is a member of the Firm's M&A Practice Group, as well as its Consumer Goods & Retail and Healthcare Industry Groups. He is Graduate Recruitment Partner for the London office
David's practice focuses on cross-border M&A and joint ventures, as well as advising on general corporate law matters, primarily for clients active in the consumer or pharma/healthcare sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Unilever on a series of large scale transactions, including: its EUR4.6 billion agreement to acquire GSK's Health Food Drinks portfolio (primarily Horlicks and Boost) in India, Bangladesh and 20 other predominantly Asian markets; its acquisition of Quala's home and personal care businesses in Latin America; the US$575 million disposal of its AdeS soy-based beverages business in Latin America to The Coca-Cola Company and Coca-Cola FEMSA; and its acquisition of the global Camay and Zest personal care businesses from Procter & Gamble.
- Advising Unilever on a number of premium skincare acquisitions for its Prestige division, including: REN; Kate Somerville; Dermalogica; and Murad.
- Advising Unilever on numerous local or regional acquisitions and disposals, most recently: its acquisition of the Astrix home and personal care business in Bolivia; and the sale of its direct application laundry business in Central America to Industria La Popular.
- Advising the majority shareholders of MagicLab, the growing family of brands including the online dating and social networking apps Badoo, Bumble, Chappy and Lumen, on the sale of a majority interest in the company to funds managed by Blackstone, a transaction which valued MagicLab at US$3 billion.
- Advising PepsiCo on the sale of its Walkers Snack Services business to Palmer & Harvey.
- Advising Prestige Brands on its US$660 million acquisition from GSK of 17 over-the-counter consumer healthcare brands and their related businesses.
- Advising CSL on its US$275 million acquisition of Novartis' global influenza vaccines business.
- Advising Carlyle on the sale of its investment in Medical Park, a Turkish healthcare provider, to funds advised by Turkven.
- Advising Cargill on its EUR1.35 billion acquisition of leading global fish feed provider, EWOS, from Bain Capital and Altor.
- Advising Cargill on the establishment of its 50/50 global sugar trading joint venture, Alvean, with Copersucar.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- Scotland~United Kingdom (2006)
- BPP (QLTT) (2008)
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law (DipLP) (2003)
- University of Strathclyde (LLB Hons) (2001)
- Université Jean Moulin Lyon III (DEUF) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.