David is an experienced M&A partner based in Baker McKenzie's London office. He is Co-Head of our Consumer Goods & Retail Industry Group in London, and Graduate Recruitment Partner for the London office. He is a member of the Firm's M&A Practice Group, as well as its Consumer Goods & Retail and Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Groups.
David's practice focuses mainly on cross-border M&A and joint ventures, primarily for clients active in the consumer and/or pharma/healthcare sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Unilever on a series of large scale transactions, including: its $5.2 billion acquisition of GSK's Health Food Drinks portfolio (primarily Horlicks and Boost) in India, Bangladesh and 20 other predominantly Asian markets; its acquisition of Paula's Choice, a leading digital-led global skin care brand, from TA Associates; its acquisition of Quala's home and personal care businesses in Latin America; the $575m disposal of its AdeS soy-based beverages business in Latin America to The Coca-Cola Company and Coca-Cola FEMSA; and its acquisition of the global Camay and Zest personal care businesses from P&G.
- Advising Unilever on a number of premium beauty and personal care acquisitions for its Prestige division, namely REN, Kate Somerville, Dermalogica, Murad, Living Proof, Hourglass, and Paula's Choice.
- Advising Unilever on numerous local or regional acquisitions and disposals, most recently: the disposal of its Bertolli sauces and condiments business in Continental Europe to Enrico-Glasbest; the disposal of its ice cream business in Chile to Carozzi; its acquisition of the Astrix home and personal care business in Bolivia from founder shareholders; and the sale of its direct application laundry business in Central America to Industria La Popular.
- Advising Puig on its acquisition of a majority stake in Charlotte Tilbury, the iconic British luxury makeup and skincare brand.
- Advising the majority shareholders of MagicLab, the growing family of brands including the online dating and social networking apps Bumble, Badoo, Chappy and Lumen, on the sale of a majority interest in the company to funds managed by Blackstone, a transaction which valued MagicLab at $3bn.
- Advising Bumble on its acquisition of popular Gen Z dating app, Fruitz.
- Advising PepsiCo on the sale of its Walkers Snack Services business to Palmer & Harvey.
- Advising Prestige Brands on its $660m acquisition from GSK of 17 over-the-counter consumer healthcare brands and their related businesses.
- Advising CSL on its $275m acquisition of Novartis' global influenza vaccines business.
- Advising Carlyle on the sale of its investment in Medical Park, a Turkish healthcare provider, to funds advised by Turkven.
- Advising Cargill on its €1.35bn acquisition of leading global fish feed provider, EWOS, from Bain Capital and Altor.
- Advising Cargill on the establishment of its 50/50 global sugar trading joint venture, Alvean, with Copersucar.
- Advising LafargeHolcim on the sale of its 65% stake in its Vietnam JV, LafargeHolcim Vietnam, to Siam City Cement Public Company Limited for CHF 867m.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- Scotland~United Kingdom (2006)
- BPP (QLTT) (2008)
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law (DipLP) (2003)
- University of Strathclyde (LLB Hons) (2001)
- Université Jean Moulin Lyon III (DEUF) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.