Kim Sartin is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Employment and Compensation team in London. She advises senior legal and HR professionals on a wide range of employment and data protection matters.
Kim is also a member of the Firm's Compliance & Investigations Practice Group where she works with a multidisciplinary team of lawyers in managing the employment and privacy aspects of compliance investigations.
Kim is a regular speaker at internal and external conferences and seminars on a range of employment, data protection and compliance topics. She is a frequent contributor to legal journals and a contributor to the Tolley's Discrimination Handbook.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a multinational industrials organization on the global HR aspects of the carve-out and subsequent USD 4 billion sale of its power business across more than 65+ jurisdictions.
- Managing the global HR aspects of the USD 3.15 billion acquisition of a leading manufacturing business from an Irish public company across 45+ jurisdictions.
- Advising a global organization in the oil and gas sector on the offshoring of certain maintenance and back office functions across multiple jurisdictions, including collective redundancies.
- Advising a multinational media company on the employment and data protection aspects of an investigation into allegations of fraud by a senior individual.
- Representing a leading investment bank in the defense and settlement of litigation involving allegations of individual and systemic discrimination in relation to pay.
- Advising a global aviation organization in connection with industrial action and subsequent injunction proceedings in the UK.
- Advising a number of clients on European works council matters, from creation of the special negotiating body to defending complaints before the CAC.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2005)
- B.P.P. Law School (2002)
- University of Southampton (2001)