Kim Sartin is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Employment and Compensation team in London and a Member of the Firm’s Global TMT Group SteerCo. She is ranked as a leading individual in Chambers, as Up and Coming for Industrial Relations and recognised for her experience in the TMT sector (Chambers Global, UK). She is described as “a true global partner” who “stands apart with her business acumen”.
Representative Legal Matters
- Leading on a international RIF exercise across 30+ jurisdictions for a global tech organisation.
- Advising a multinational industrials organization on the global HR aspects of the carve-out and subsequent USD 4 billion sale of its power business across more than 65+ jurisdictions.
- Managing the global HR aspects of the USD 3.15 billion acquisition of a leading manufacturing business from an Irish public company across 45+ jurisdictions.
- Advising a global organization in the oil and gas sector on the offshoring of certain maintenance and back office functions across multiple jurisdictions, including collective redundancies.
- Advising a multinational media company on the employment and data protection aspects of an investigation into allegations of fraud by a senior individual.
- Representing a leading investment bank in the defense and settlement of litigation involving allegations of individual and systemic discrimination in relation to pay.
- Advising a global aviation organization in connection with industrial action and subsequent injunction proceedings in the UK.
- Advising a number of clients on European works council matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Employment Lawyers Association (UK)
- Labor & Employment Section, American Bar Association
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2005)
- BPP Law School (2002)
- University of Southampton (2001)