Karen Santamaria is an associate with six years of experience in corporate and commercial law. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2015 as a member of the Companies, Reorganizations and Investment practice group in Bogota.
Karen focuses her practice on corporate and company law, mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations, foreign exchange law, free trade zone and foreign investment. She regularly participates in complex cross-border reorganization and restructuring projects, mergers and acquisitions of multinational and local companies in Colombia, joint ventures and shareholder disputes. She also provides advice to international companies on the incorporation of their business in Colombia, capitalization processes, liquidation, bylaws amendments, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on and implementing a reverse carve-out of a large industrial company’s operation in Colombia
- Advised on two oil companies' merger of their Colombian operations.
- Advised on day to day operations of a complex cross-border structure of companies.
- Provided corporate advice to the Natalia Ponce de León Foundation.
- Colombia (2011)
- University of Navarra (Master Business Law) (2013)
- Universidad Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario (Specialization) (2012)
- Universidad Santo Tomás (Law) (2011)