Representative Legal Matters
Advised Servier on its USD 1.8 billion acquisition of the oncology business of Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Advised FedEx on its e-commerce acquisition of ShopRunner, its USD 1.4 billion acquisition of Genco Distribution System, its USD 4.8 billion acquisition of TNT Express and other matters.
Mercedes-Benz Group, Daimler Trucks, Booking Holdings, FedEx, and confidential technology companies and family offices in multiple minority investments in silicon valley and other technology and autonomous driving venture funded businesses.
Advised Crane Co., a US public company, on its USD 800 million acquisition of Crane & Co., Inc., a private company supplier of secure banknotes.
Advised Safran on its USD 710 million sale of its Morpho Detection airport security business.
Advised Kao, a Japanese public company, on its acquisition of United States based Washing Systems, LLC from Gryphon Investors.
Advised Walgreens on its Specialty Pharmacy and Mail Service Pharmacy Joint Venture with Prime Therapeutics, in a transaction valued at USD 2 billion.
Advised Material Handling Systems on its sale to Thomas H. Lee and The Kenrich Group in its sale to HKA, each private employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) sale transactions.
Advised Medtronic, Ecolab and Telvent in connection with US public target acquisitions and tender offers.
- Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Individual Awards, 2012-2021
- Illinois~United States (2007)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., Honors) (2007)
- Northwestern University (B.A. Legal Studies, Honors) (2004)
- Co-author, "Transactional Tax Liability Policies - At the Top of the Adoption Curve," Bloomberg Tax Management Memorandum, June 2020
- Co-author, "Material Adverse Effect in the Uncertain World of COVID-19," Deal Lawyers, May-June 2020
- Speaker, "So You Want to Buy a Tech Company," Connect on Tech Podcast, March 2020
- Speaker, "Cross Border Rep and Warranty Insurance Coverage In Depth," AON Transaction Solutions Symposium, February 2020
- Speaker/Faculty, "Closing Business Transactions - Practical Legal Considerations," Practicing Law Institute, November 2017, 2018 and 2019