Anthony is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate M&A practice in London. He advises large companies, funds and other financial sponsors on cross-border mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructurings, with a particular focus on complex multijurisdictional carve-outs in the industrial and technology sectors.
Anthony joined Baker McKenzie as a trainee in March 2014. During the final 6 months of his training contract, Anthony was seconded to Unilever's legal corporate and transactions team. Anthony is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
Representative Legal Matters
Acted for Emerson Electric Co as international counsel on its:
- USD 14 billion sale of a majority stake in its Climate Technologies business to Blackstone;
- USD 3 billion sale of its InSinkErator business to Whirlpool Corporation;
- USD 6 billion acquisition of a 55% stake in AspenTech;
- USD 1.44 billion sale of its Power Transmissions Solutions business to Regal Beloit Corporation;
- USD 1.2 billion sale of its Leroy-Somer and Control Techniques business units to Nidec Corporation and the pre-spin off restructuring;
- USDacquisition of GE's Intelligent Platforms business; and
- USDacquisition of the valves and controls business of Pentair plc.
Acted for BDT Capital as international counsel on:
- Its acquisition of Culligan International, the innovative brand in consumer-focused and sustainable water solutions and services; and
- Culligan’s acquisition of Waterlogic, a global designer, manufacturer, distributor and service provider of purified drinking water dispensers.
Acted for KKR on its acquisition and joint venture with Coty for the Wella professional beauty and retain hair business for USD 4.3 billion, a highly complex carve out across more than 70 countries.
Acted for SUEZ on the international carve out aspects of its USD 3.2 billion acquisition of GE's Water and Process Technologies business.
Acted Symphony Technology Group and other consortium members on the international carve out aspects of their USD 2 billion acquisition of Dell's RSA cyber business.
Acted for SS&C Technologies on the international carve out aspects of its acquisition of IBMs Algorithmics business.
Acted for Chr. Hansen A/S on the global carve-out and sale of its €800 million Natural Colors Division.
Acted for Unilever on its:
- USD 575 million disposal of its ADES soy-based beverages business in Latin America to The Coca-Cola Company and Coca-Cola FEMSA.
- acquisition of the global CAMAY and ZEST personal care businesses from The Procter & Gamble Company.
- Acquisition of a number of premium skincare business, including REN; KATE SOMERVILLE; DERMALOGICA; MURAD; and
- sale of its Chilean ice-cream business.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2016)
- College of Law at London (LPC, Distinction) (2014)
- King's College London (LLB Law 2:1) (2013)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (M.L.L.P., Distinction) (2012)