Real estate purchase and financing in Switzerland; construction including litigation and arbitration; environmental law.
Daniel Peregrina’s practice focuses both on real estate investments in Switzerland and on the handling of litigious case relating to real estate and construction governed by Swiss law including major projects outside Switzerland. He advises clients not only on a range of private law matters such as commercial, industrial or residential leases and construction agreements but also on public law aspects of real estate (zoning, construction permit, environmental law). Together with the financing practice group in Geneva, he has assisted a number of private investors and banks in relation with real estate investments and developments in Switzerland.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing several German banks on the financing of five-star hotels in Switzerland, a multiple use and marina complex on lake Leman and numerous business buildings in Switzerland.
- Representing developers on all aspects of developments of business buildings and centers in Switzerland.
- Representing French and German European developers on all aspects of site acquisition and subsequent development of retail and entertainment complexes in Switzerland.
- Representing German European developer on the purchase of a shopping centre in Switzerland.
- Representing French developer for acquisition of a hotel in Basel.
- Representing German fund on its acquisitions of business buildings in Switzerland.
- Advising hotel companies and private owners on hotel management agreements.
- Representing several multinationals on their lease or purchase of their global or regional headquarters in Switzerland.
- Advising foreign investors on development of ski resorts in Switzerland.
- Advising French real estate company for the purchase of a five-star hotel in Zurich.
- Mr. Peregrina has received various personal references in the Swiss chapter of the European Legal 500, 2004, 2005 and from 2008 until 2020 for its real estate and environmental practice.
- Mr. Peregrina has been referenced regularly by Chambers and/or Who's Who Legal for his real estate and environmental expertise.
- Mr. Peregrina is also mentioned in various industry directories for his environmental expertise in relation with contaminated sites.
- Mr Peregrina has been designated for 2016/2017 as Best Lawyer for real estate in the French-speaking part of Switzerland.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fédération Suisse des avocats
- Association Suisse pour l'intégration de l'écologie dans la gestion d'entreprise
- Association pour le droit de l'environnement (Former Board Member)
- Legal Compliance Services (Founder Partner)
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- Geneva~Switzerland (1983)
- University of Geneva (Sup. en droit) (1982)
- University of Geneva (Licence en droit) (1978)
- Collège Voltaire (Matura) (1975)
- Droit public suisse (année 1978), Annuaire Européen d’Administration Publique, Paris 1981
- Les moyens actuels pour l’administré d’intervenir dans l’élaboration et la construction des routes nationales, Genève 1979
- La qualité de partie dans les procédures cantonales non contentieuses, RDAF 1985, p. 337 (in collaboration with Pierre Louis Manfrini)
- Le rôle et les droits des entreprises dans la procédure d'assainissement, DEP 1990, p.292
- Swiss environmental law, in : Environmental Law, a guide for corporations, International Corporate Law, April 1992, p.79
- Telecommunications Law in Switzerland, in: Telecommunications Laws in Europe, London 1992, p.153