Daniel Peregrina is a senior counsel in Baker McKenzie's Real Estate Practice Area in Geneva. He focuses on real estate purchase and financing in Switzerland, construction including litigation and arbitration and environmental law.
Daniel has been referenced regularly by Chambers, Legal 500 and in various industry directories for his environmental expertise in relation with contaminated sites.
Daniel focuses both on real estate investments in Switzerland and on the handling of litigious cases relating to real estate and construction governed by Swiss law including major projects outside Switzerland. He advises clients not only on a range of private law matters such as commercial, industrial or residential leases and construction agreements but also on public law aspects of real estate (zoning, construction permit, environmental law). Together with the financing practice group in Geneva, he has assisted a number of private investors and banks in relation to real estate investments and developments in Switzerland.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented several German banks on the financing of five-star hotels in Switzerland, a multiple use and marina complex on Lake Leman and numerous business buildings in Switzerland.
- Represented developers on all aspects of developments of business buildings and centers in Switzerland.
- Represented French and German-European developers on all aspects of site acquisition and subsequent development of retail and entertainment complexes in Switzerland.
- Represented a German-European developer on the purchase of a shopping center in Switzerland.
- Represented a French developer for acquisition of a hotel in Basel.
- Represented a German fund on its acquisitions of business buildings in Switzerland.
- Advised hotel companies and private owners on hotel management agreements.
- Represented several multinationals on their lease or purchase of their global or regional headquarters in Switzerland.
- Advised foreign investors on the development of ski resorts in Switzerland.
- Advised a French real estate company on the purchase of a five-star hotel in Zurich.
- "Leading Individual", Real Estate, Legal 500 EMEA
- "Notable Practitioner", Real Estate, Chambers Europe
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Fédération Suisse des avocats
- Member, Association Suisse pour l'intégration de l'écologie dans la gestion d'entreprise
- Former Board Member, Association pour le droit de l'environnement
- Founder partner, Legal Compliance Services
- Member, Swiss Arbitration Association
- Geneva~Switzerland (1983)
- University of Geneva (Sup. en droit) (1982)
- University of Geneva (Licence en droit) (1978)
- Collège Voltaire (Matura) (1975)
- Droit public suisse (année 1978), Annuaire Européen d’Administration Publique, Paris 1981
- Les moyens actuels pour l’administré d’intervenir dans l’élaboration et la construction des routes nationales, Genève 1979
- La qualité de partie dans les procédures cantonales non contentieuses, RDAF 1985, p. 337 (in collaboration with Pierre Louis Manfrini)
- Le rôle et les droits des entreprises dans la procédure d'assainissement, DEP 1990, p.292
- Swiss environmental law, in : Environmental Law, a guide for corporations, International Corporate Law, April 1992, p.79
- Telecommunications Law in Switzerland, in: Telecommunications Laws in Europe, London 1992, p.153