Javier is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Employment & Compensation Group since 2008, based in Madrid (Spain).
Javier participated in the Firm's Associate Training Program in the London office in 2012.
He collaborates with the Masters Programs on Labour Consulting and HR Management at Carlos III University in Madrid and Access to the Legal Profession at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. He has also collaborated with the Employment Due Diligence Course of Thomson Reuters.
Javier regularly contributes to specialized publications on labour law and HR issues, such as Directivos y Empresas, Capital Humano or RED. He has also contributed to a number of compilations of labour rules published by Ediciones Francis Lefebvre. He collaborates with generalist and economic press, such as El Mundo, Expansion, El Economista.
He has a special interest in corporate social responsibility and pro bono work, having worked with a number of NGOs and participated in projects for social inclusion of young people.
Javier provides assistance with all the legal aspects of HR management, including general counselling on day-to-day contractual and compensation matters and assistance with specific projects such as restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, collective bargaining, equality plans and compliance investigations.
He regularly represents clients in court, including the Higher Courts of Justice and Supreme Court in Spain.
Javier works with a varied range of multinational companies, focusing on the Healthcare and Technology industries. He has worked also for several regional and local governments within Spain.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted digital content/e-commerce company with internal investigation and subsequent employment measures involving the management.
- Assisted technology company with equality plan preparation and negotiation.
- Day-to-day assistance to global computer hardware and software company with employment issues and litigation.
- Assisted technology company with remote work policy preparation and negotiation.
- Assisted healthcare company with employment implications of corporate transactions.
- Advised global engineering company in employment restructuring derived from outsourcing of IT services, including representation in court resulting from dismissal claims.
- Assisted healthcare multinational company with reorganization, including a number of redundancies and court cases related to such redundancies.
- Assisted healthcare global company with equality plan and training to employees on such plan.
- Represented Technology company in collective redundancy procedure affecting more than 100 employees.
- Assisted global contingent staffing company with collective redundancy procedure affecting more than 250 employees.
- Assisted manufacturing company with compliance investigation and subsequent dismissal procedure and court cases.
- Assisted local council with collective redundancy procedure affecting more than 300 employees.
- Madrid~Spain (2008)
- Complutense University of Madrid (Law and Business Administration) (2008)
- Co-author, "Memento Práctico Administradores y Directivos", 2020, Francis Lefebvre.
- Co-author, "2019 Práctica Laboral para abogados. Los casos más relevantes en 2018 de los grandes despachos", 2019, La Ley - Wolters Kluwer.
- Co-author, "Brecha de género: diagnóstico, prevención y tutela", 2019, Francis Lefebvre.
- Speaker, "Un año tras la adaptación de jornada: mejores prácticas", February 2020, Baker McKenzie Madrid
- Speaker, "Impacto de las nuevas aplicaciones tecnológicas en el control de los empleados: límites y oportunidades", March 2018, Baker McKenzie Madrid
- Speaker, "Jornada Planes de Retribución Flexible", January 2018, UGT Madrid