Representative Legal Matters
- Conducted internal investigation and provided legal advice for domestic and international clients in a large variety of industries such as food, automotive, tourism, insurance, cosmetics, e-commerce, etc., to ensure proper advertising and labeling of each product or service (including defending them threatened by regulator's investigation).
- Advised clients in relation to matters such as Japanese and international mergers and acquisitions concerning anti-monopoly law.
- Advised clients on cartel related matters, and represented clients in applications for leniency under the anti-monopoly law.
- Advised clients concerning private monopolization and unfair trade practices under the anti-monopoly law.
- Represented clients in various types of litigations relating to anti-trust violation or resulting from controversial advertising & marketing methods, collective lawsuits for damages concerning securities trading and other types of litigation or dispute.
- Advised clients on corporate restructuring and insolvency laws, and represented clients in corporate restructuring and bankruptcy proceedings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan Competition Law Forum - Member
- American Bar Association - Section on Antitrust Law
- American Bar Association - Consumer Protection Commission
- New York~United States (2015)
- Japan (2007)
- Fordham University School of Law (Master of Laws) (2014)
- Chuo University (LL.B.) (2006)
Author, "Cross-sectional Analysis of Food Labeling Law and Misrepresentation Prevention Law: Focusing on a Recent Court Ruling on Misleading Labelling for Blended Tea Products and the Latest Amendment of Food Labelling Standard on Geographical Origin of Ingredients," Fair Trade, Vol. 804, No. 10, Fair Trade Institute, 2017
Author, "Recent Development of Competition Policy and Law in ASEAN Member States with Practical Notes," Fair Trade, Vol. 796, No. 2, Fair Trade Institute, 2017
Author, "Enforcement of Singaporean Competition Law and Some Implications for Compliance: With a Focus on Bearing Cartel Case Where Japanese Companies Were Involved (1) (2)," International Business Law and Practice, Vol. 43, No. 5&6, May, June 2015
Presenter, "Overview of Competition Law in South-East Asia," Fair Trade Institute, December 2016 and January 2017
Presenter, "Increasing Competition Law Risk in South-East Asia and Appropriate Compliance Program," Financial Management Forums, Inc., December 2015