Liza Murray is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Corporate Practice Group in Hong Kong. Ms. Murray is a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, and a fellow member of the Hong Kong Institute of Company Secretaries. She currently sits on the Professional Services Panel of the Hong Kong Institute of Company Secretaries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised RR Donnelley on the Hong Kong aspect of its Asia Pacific corporate restructuring.
- Advised Nike on the Hong Kong aspect of its Asia Pacific corporate restructuring.
- Advised an international logistics company and a Hong Kong food product company on corporate restructuring.
- Advised various multinational corporations in completion of acquisition of Hong Kong assets by way of either asset or share acquisitions pursuant to global master acquisition agreements.
- Advised CITIC Capital Markets Holdings Limited on a HKD375 million transaction in relation to the sale of the entire share capital in three of its subsidiaries.
- Secondment to Standard Chartered Bank’s risk and compliance department for one month to assist in preparing internal compliance manuals.
- Advised Shima Seiki Mfg. Ltd, a company listed on the Japanese Stock Exchange, on a USD60 million transaction in respect of acquisition of assets from a Hong Kong company; and on the repurchase of shares by its subsidiary in Hong Kong.
- Secondment to British-American Tobacco Company as general legal counsel for three months dealing with general commercial matters including reviewing and drafting of commercial contracts, advising on employment matters and advising the global travelling retail department (for regions of Hong Kong and Vietnam) on general commercial matters in relation to marketing activities conducted in the duty-free zone.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company on the acquisition of share interests in subsidiaries of Yu Yan Sang, Tung Fong Hung and the holding company of Li Chung Shing Tong, respectively.
- Advised generally on matters relating to appropriate structures used in conducting business in Hong Kong, corporate restructuring of Hong Kong companies, post-acquisition integration involving Hong Kong companies, incorporation of companies in Hong Kong and all other matters arising from the Companies Ordinance of Hong Kong.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, UK - Fellow Member
- Hong Kong Institute of Company Secretaries - Fellow Member
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (2004)
- Hong Kong (2003)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (2001)
- University of London (LL.B.) (2000)