Antonio has extensive experience in legal advice and management of complex arbitrations in international, national and regional courts, where he has advised and represented important national and international companies, especially in the areas of energy, banking, aerospace, mining and infrastructures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Iberdrola in the sale of more than 8,400 MW of combined cycle gas in Mexico for USD 6 billion.
- Advised Iberdrola on its alliance with Norway's sovereign wealth fund, managed by Norges Bank Investment Management, to invest in new renewable energy projects in Spain with an aggregate capacity of 1,265 MW. Of the total capacity, 20% will come from wind farms and 80% from solar PV plants.
- Advised Enagás and Fluxys on the acquisition of Axpo's current 5% stake in Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP).
- Advised Naturgy on its acquisition of Hamel Renewables, a solar and energy storage development platform in the United States from Macquarie's Green Investment Group.
- Advised global energy company Repsol in its sale of a 25% stake in its worldwide renewables unit to Credit Agricole Assurances and Energy Infrastructure Projects (EIP) for EUR 905 million (USD 964 million).
- Advised Natixis and BBVA on green loan for Ferrovial.
- Representation of an energy company in an ICC arbitration concerning a natural gas supply contract.
- Ranked Band 1, Energy & Natural Resources, Chambers & Partners Europe (2023)
- Ranked Band 4, Dispute Resolution, Chambers & Partners Europe (2023)
- Ranked Band 2, Public Law, Chambers & Partners Europe (2023)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association
- Madrid (1995)
- Autonomous University of Barcelona (JD in Law) (2008)
- IESE Business School (Public Leadership Management Program) (2006)
- IE Business School (Executive Development Program, Executive Development Program) (2004)
- Complutense University of Madrid (Law Degree) (1995)